Ricky Miller | Vital Football

Ricky Miller

Warrington Imp

Vital 1st Team Regular
I see he has joined Peterborough on a 3 year deal so no surprises there, we will see how fares two divisions higher.

On what we assume is a free transfer, his wages will be something else ! He failed at Luton, interesting to see if he is able to cope with Div 1. Dover missed the play offs and also on £100,000 + by letting his contract run down, great bit of business.

I suppose it was a relatively easy call for Dover. Had they let Miller leave mid-season, they would have had £150,000 more in the bank and a mid-table finish at best. He was the only chance they had of making the play-offs, they have very little to hurt anyone without him. Does Jim Parmenter need another £150,000 in the bank? Not really.

Miller's departure could spell the end for Dover as a serious challenger for promotion, he will take some replacing.

Scotimp - 3/5/2017 18:13

I suppose it was a relatively easy call for Dover. Had they let Miller leave mid-season, they would have had £150,000 more in the bank and a mid-table finish at best. He was the only chance they had of making the play-offs, they have very little to hurt anyone without him. Does Jim Parmenter need another £150,000 in the bank? Not really.

Miller's departure could spell the end for Dover as a serious challenger for promotion, he will take some replacing.

I doubt that their gates would have been high enough with him still there to make up the difference than if they had sold him in January, if you see what I mean.

Warrington Imp - 3/5/2017 17:25

I see he has joined Peterborough on a 3 year deal so no surprises there, we will see how fares two divisions higher.

Hmmm, we could loan him next season then if need be...

According to Darragh McAnthony Posh have turned down a bid of £250,000 from another League One club for Miller already, even though he has just signed and is yet to kick a ball for them.

n.b. It is according to Darragh McAnthony who shares Barry Fry's tendency to never exaggerate.

Barney Imp - 3/5/2017 23:16

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he ended up on loan here. Massive step up for him to League One.

MaineRoad_96 - 11/5/2017 20:47

Barney Imp - 3/5/2017 23:16

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he ended up on loan here. Massive step up for him to League One.
I agree. He's already failed once at League 2 level.

I'll go against the grain and say he's going to bang them in. Can't be many more prolific goal scorers in conference history ? 40 in 41? It's alright saying he's failed before but a short run of games and a bit of a loose cannon. Last season he scored so many and a slightly older and wiser head.

Rasenimp - 12/5/2017 16:38

I'll go against the grain and say he's going to bang them in. Can't be many more prolific goal scorers in conference history ? 40 in 41? It's alright saying he's failed before but a short run of games and a bit of a loose cannon. Last season he scored so many and a slightly older and wiser head.

Only two years ago and he was already 26 then. I still think that two divisions is too big a jump for him.