Ricky Holmes. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ricky Holmes.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we still try and sign Holmes for next season*

* Terms and conditions (and fitness test) apply !!

I'd be happy to take a punt on Holmes, if he could get to a reasonable level of fitness.
There is no way he will feature for Sheffield, whether they go up or not.
He's basically kicked around our level for much of his career so IF he can get a pay off and becomes a free agent, then I think he's worth a serious look at.
Hopefully he enjoyed his time down here and got a good feeling for the club.

Of course, appointing Steve Evans would change all that.

I had to Google Simon Locke, couldn’t remember him coming and still can’t to be honest - I expected to see Charlie Mitten in goal. There are some real shockers in that list. Some couldn’t even get anywhere near truly awful teams.

Holmes and Vernon are a bit out of place in there though. Both would have made a difference for us if fit.

The Ryan Williams one still confuses me - I recall Martin Allen telling a reporter how he can’t wait to see him taking people on, running towards the Rainham End - I don’t think he even played as a sub, did he?

Charlie mitten played the full 90 in a 3-0 defeat against Torquay in the auto windscreen shield iirc.

Agree about Scott vernon. Wouldve been a great player had he not got injured. Around the same sort of time I’m sure Steve claridge signed for us, but never appeared. Anyone else remember this or have I made it up?

Steve
Charlie mitten played the full 90 in a 3-0 defeat against Torquay in the auto windscreen shield iirc.

Agree about Scott vernon. Wouldve been a great player had he not got injured. Around the same sort of time I’m sure Steve claridge signed for us, but never appeared. Anyone else remember this or have I made it up?
Claridge played in a home game I remember his socks being really low and looking as though he didn’t wear any shin pads:thumbup:

He played up front with Jarvis against Bournemouth in August/September 2005 and they linked up really well!

I thought Vernon was a few years later (under Stimson) but not certain.

If I remember correctly Claridge was made man of the match which made it annoying when he jumped ship immediately for.a better offer a few days later.

Wasn't Vernon's loan fee and/or wages paid for by some supporters fundraising or did I image that?