Richardson | Page 2 | Vital Football

Richardson

Steve Evans could do a job for us and get us promoted next season and the football couldnt possibly be any worse.

Can't believe you'd have chubby Evans over SM at our club....the man's a disgrace to football, a bully & an ego as big as yer man Evatt over at the toughshite stadium. I don't care about his record, he's obnoxious, his team mirrors him & imo he'd destroy any talent we have in our squad if he got anywhere near it. But hey Jeff you must have a real downer on SM to think Evans would be an improvement.....:wagging:

Evans is an old school manager. Not everyone’s cup of tea. But most clubs he as been to like him. He’s never out of work for long. That’s for sure. Rotherham chairman Looks like he’s losing the plot a little.

Last edited:
Can't believe you'd have chubby Evans over SM at our club....the man's a disgrace to football, a bully & an ego as big as yer man Evatt over at the toughshite stadium. I don't care about his record, he's obnoxious, his team mirrors him & imo he'd destroy any talent we have in our squad if he got anywhere near it. But hey Jeff you must have a real downer on SM to think Evans would be an improvement.....:wagging:
Misinterpreted again Jock. I didn't mention his personality. I only said he could do a job in getting us promoted and honestly after the utter shit show of entertainment this season it would just be near impossible for our football under him could be any worse to watch. I have a downer on Shaun's shit boring style of football, not him as a person or former player.

Steve Evans could do a job for us and get us promoted next season and the football couldnt possibly be any worse.

I think Evans is a good L1 manager, he is like a lower level Pulis - ugly long ball but effective at grinding out results. Also he's good at getting the most out of limited resources and a master of 'the dark arts'.

But I think above L1 it's getting increasingly harder to play that way as if you go long and lose posession against better players it's much more difficult to regain the ball and the opposition are far more likely to punish you. Rotherham have suffered from this constantly as have we under Richardson, Joyce and MacKay.

For Maloney's faults I do think he's right to want us to play more passing football as if you can get it right it'll take you up and more likely keep you up than long ball. But the way we often play certainly needs to improve.

Nothing against Rotherham as a team
Misinterpreted again Jock. I didn't mention his personality. I only said he could do a job in getting us promoted and honestly after the utter shit show of entertainment this season it would just be near impossible for our football under him could be any worse to watch. I have a downer on Shaun's shit boring style of football, not him as a person or former player.

Perhaps I did misinterpret you JR but what I didn't misinterpret you in is that you'll use anything to have a dig a SM & his tactics / set up.
I've nothing against Rotherham but next season I hope SM Learns his lesson when playing against this fat oafs team & he gives him a footballing lesson...oh n given the underhand way both Evans & Rotherham have gone about the appointment, I hope it's a double relegation come the end of the season, not to mention both home & away defeats to us & Stevenage 😉

It’s no from me. But was talking to a Stevenage fan who I know who came up for the game here. He said Stevenage would have been back in non league only for him. So he does deserve some credit for what he as done. For Stevenage.

I heard he lives on chips and Irn Bru.
Well according to people on the Under The Cosh podcast

It probably suits him as he lives in the East Midlands
He lives 5 miles from me, in a village just north of Peterborough. Stevenage is straight down the A1 - an hour, tops. Rotherham is about 2 hours away.

Maybe he's had enough of living at home with his missus (or more likely she's sick of the fat fuck cleaning out the fridge).

He lives 5 miles from me, in a village just north of Peterborough. Stevenage is straight down the A1 - an hour, tops. Rotherham is about 2 hours away.

Maybe he's had enough of living at home with his missus (or more likely she's sick of the fat fuck cleaning out the fridge).

She could always stop asking you to go around.

Evans going to Rotherham is probably bad news for us next season, as i think Rotherham will be a far bigger threat under him for the promotion places.

Richardson was never going to get anything like the budget he had here for next season and without that i thought he'd end up struggling a bit. But Evans is very much more suited to working with limited resources.

Nothing against Rotherham as a team

Perhaps I did misinterpret you JR but what I didn't misinterpret you in is that you'll use anything to have a dig a SM & his tactics / set up.
I've nothing against Rotherham but next season I hope SM Learns his lesson when playing against this fat oafs team & he gives him a footballing lesson...oh n given the underhand way both Evans & Rotherham have gone about the appointment, I hope it's a double relegation come the end of the season, not to mention both home & away defeats to us & Stevenage 😉
Shaun's tactics and set up deserve a dig at, at every opportunity simply because for 90% of this season we have been horrendous to watch.
He needs to search for our DNA and when he finds it, use it consistently.