Richardson 'Pleased For The Fans' | Vital Football

Richardson 'Pleased For The Fans'

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Millers Head Coach after a long awaited win

In all honesty I think the performance was quite poor. Millwall created chances from generating pressure and winning set pieces, but they aren’t a good side. All the same, play that game ten times over and we only win it once or twice. All the shortcomings of the last dozen or so games were all there again today. I’m pretty sure LR won’t be fooled by the result. But we worked hard and got the win so well done for that. It felt good to win.

Poor, drab first half from both teams.
Would have been a much better game if we had scored early in the first half.

Game livened up more as the second half progressed.
Good goal from Sebastian Revan, a shame we couldn’t hold out a bit longer before they equalised.
Credit to the players on coming back to win with an ‘astute ‘ header from Charlie Wyke.

Maybe Leam Richardson reads this site……sure some of us said playing Sam Nombe wide right wasn’t working and maybe start with Femi Seriki…. :unsure:

Not a classic by any stretch but really good to grab a win and 3 much needed points…:wahey:

BBC Radio Sheffield interview -According to Leam Richardson "we deserved to win".

Quite a claim to make , based on the match stats, which were similar to his only other victory whilst in charge of the Millers. Thankfully, Millwall squandered lots of chances and I'm happy to take the three points, but I'll give the self-deluson a miss, thanks. I hope that we can get a few more victories when relgation-zone opposition have had 20-odd shots at our goal. Doesn't seem very likely, but it could happen.... and we will probably find out in a few day's time... UTM!

Last edited:
Neil Harris actually said that 'Rotherham didn't win the game, we lost it.'

He told the BBC - The first half was very scrappy, the atmosphere here was terrible and the referee was horrific. We did enough to win two or three games of football there. Second half we've made a dozen opportunities to score.

They also surrounded the ref at every opportunity, sometimes for more time than was surely necessary and got a few free-kicks that I don't think were free-kicks - but, hey, if he thinks they did enough to win two or three games then good luck to him.

I don't particularly care if Millwall go down or stay up... but if they do stay up, it could mean one of our relegation-zone neighbours will get relegated... and black-armbands all around at Radio Sheffield... Phone-in catchphrase - "There's a good chance that the Owls will be out of the relegation-zone by Easter Monday"! The presenters are worse than the fans...

Very worrying that Leam Richardson seems to find it "normal" that more-or-less every game under him we have had , compared to our opponents , less possession, fewer goal attempts, fewer shots on target (often none), fewer corners (sometimes none). It's hardly been a successful spell in charge .

Last edited:
Neil Harris actually said that 'Rotherham didn't win the game, we lost it.'

He told the BBC - The first half was very scrappy, the atmosphere here was terrible and the referee was horrific. We did enough to win two or three games of football there. Second half we've made a dozen opportunities to score.

They also surrounded the ref at every opportunity, sometimes for more time than was surely necessary and got a few free-kicks that I don't think were free-kicks - but, hey, if he thinks they did enough to win two or three games then good luck to him.
I wouldn’t take too much notice what Neil Harris has to say.
Very rarely gives credit to the opposition .
He’s deflecting and trying to be upbeat about a loss to bottom of the table Rovrum.
They lost because we have the best goalkeeper in the Championship so credit to VIKTOR and we scored 2 goals to their one.