Richard Walton | Page 2 | Vital Football

Richard Walton

Rasenimp - 10/8/2017 11:16

Luke Imp - 7/8/2017 03:42

Agree with the above posts.

Hanging your players out to dry on the first day of the season isn't particularly wise and those days of doing that are gone. He came across as a bit of a dinosaur in that respect.

He'll probably regret that interview now because it was very cringey.

Judging by the way he is acting on Twitter (going after anyone who criticises him, even if it wasn't even directly) I doubt he regrets it. Seems like a really daft fella who seems a bit too sure of himself considering he hasn't got any results at Trinity yet...

To be fair to Dave Frecklington he has worked his way up through non-league and built his reputation which is tough. He did keep Trinity up last season albeit results were kind to them in the run in. He is obviously trying to get a reaction from his players - not exactly unheard of in football.

We've been fortunate enough not to have a poor run under the Cowley's. Sure we will this season.

I don't mind social media interaction with fans generally but perhaps football managers are best advised not to wrestle pigs in the immediate aftermath of games!

Bart Simpson - 11/8/2017 07:05

Rasenimp - 10/8/2017 11:16

Luke Imp - 7/8/2017 03:42

Agree with the above posts.

Hanging your players out to dry on the first day of the season isn't particularly wise and those days of doing that are gone. He came across as a bit of a dinosaur in that respect.

He'll probably regret that interview now because it was very cringey.

Judging by the way he is acting on Twitter (going after anyone who criticises him, even if it wasn't even directly) I doubt he regrets it. Seems like a really daft fella who seems a bit too sure of himself considering he hasn't got any results at Trinity yet...

To be fair to Dave Frecklington he has worked his way up through non-league and built his reputation which is tough. He did keep Trinity up last season albeit results were kind to them in the run in. He is obviously trying to get a reaction from his players - not exactly unheard of in football.

We've been fortunate enough not to have a poor run under the Cowley's. Sure we will this season.

I don't mind social media interaction with fans generally but perhaps football managers are best advised not to wrestle pigs in the immediate aftermath of games!

He has only won one game hasn't he, and got a 2 year contract? And as for getting a reaction by slagging everyone off from critics to players, including young lads that aren't even contracted to hs club - might not exactly be unheard of, but I haven't heard any decent manager do it for a fair while!