Rexx-am | Vital Football

Rexx-am

I saw a thing last week asking if it's a two way fight between Wrexham & Notts County for the title.
Gills and Swindon don't seem to exist.
To be fair, the pressure on them must be massive considering how massive they are.
They are just massive.
They are so massive that they will be every team's cup final, except for County obviously, who are also massive but not quite so massive.
Whatever happened to massive Bradford and Salford?

I couldn't give a flying full back about Wrexham. Genuinely not interested. Let them have the pressure. If their owners had picked us the media would be all over us too and we would love it.

I saw a thing last week asking if it's a two way fight between Wrexham & Notts County for the title.
Gills and Swindon don't seem to exist.
To be fair, the pressure on them must be massive considering how massive they are.
They are just massive.
They are so massive that they will be every team's cup final, except for County obviously, who are also massive but not quite so massive.
Whatever happened to massive Bradford and Salford?
It's a shame the newspapers don't recall them getting 3000 when they went out of the league and further back than that they were getting crowds of 2000. Even when they were in League One/Division Two and doing fairly well, I recall us taking 5500 there when we were chasing promotion in a crowd of 8000.

If there is such a thing in League Two, Wrexham's rise and inflated crowds is an example of gloryhunterism in the extreme.

And FYI, I've been waiting for a long time for the train tickets to go on sale from Euston to Wrexham for the weekend of our match and they just came on today, which is very late, but maybe they were waiting for engineering works and strikes to be ruled out. The train up there is direct, which I think is unprecedented for Wrexham as most trains need at least one (some 2, 3 even 4 changes), which I wonder is because of the match? We're going Friday and coming back Sunday and staying in the Prem Inn right next to the ground - can't wait. Obviously need to get tickets first, but can cancel both the train and hotel and get my money back. I would advise others to think ahead as the train and hotel prices are rising quickly. We got 4 of the last 5 seats left on the way up and paid £300 for the four of us, which isn't too bad for a return, but it'll go up a lot.

It's a shame the newspapers don't recall them getting 3000 when they went out of the league and further back than that they were getting crowds of 2000. Even when they were in League One/Division Two and doing fairly well, I recall us taking 5500 there when we were chasing promotion in a crowd of 8000.
I was going to mention that:

They talk like they're a huge club and only lost fans when they went down to National League, but they were only getting 2,000 fans in the old League One!

They talk like they're a huge club and only lost fans when they went down to National League, but they were only getting 2,000 fans in the old League One!
To be fair, they always got big crowds when they were doing well and poor ones when they weren’t. I was in a crowd of 16,281 when we drew 3:3 with them in 1977/78 when we came back from 3:1 down with goals from Richardson and Price (2).

To be fair, they are one of the biggest 10 clubs in Wales. If Wales had their own Premier League, Wrexham would surely be in it. Innit.

I'm not sure the dislike for Wrexham is fair. I loved the series on Netflicks and its every lower league shit team dream to get a leg up and a change of fortunes - arent we living that same dream now ?

In the first series you get to meet real hardcore fans of lower league football - us.

The media are over playing the story but thats the fault of the media not wrexham.