Rewind 2002/03 | Vital Football

Rewind 2002/03

Cracking. I have that somewhere getting dusty so will be nice to see a (hopefully) spruced up version of it.

For me in spite of what the Cowleys did in 2016 /17, what this bunch of players did put together on a shoestring was remarkable.
They were non league players or lads who failed in the league before.
Some great memories.

For me in spite of what the Cowleys did in 2016 /17, what this bunch of players did put together on a shoestring was remarkable.
They were non league players or lads who failed in the league before.
Some great memories.

Hi David,I watched the Bournemouth version last week and really enjoyed it ( apart from the result of course) and I’ll probably watch it again. I thought we played better than I remembered on the day and we had some nice passages of play ( not all long ball) and the score line could have been closer than it was. A remarkable season considering the circumstances
I also watched a zoom type chat on YouTube ( sorry havent got a link) of the Bournemouth players, including the two Fletchers, O’Connor and Purches, which gives an alternative perspective of their season/final. They were worried at 4-2. Of course they then got the fifth from a dubious free kick by the touch line which finished us off. Looked a great tackle to me!

Yeah we just let goals in at the wrong time, something we hadn't done all season, maybe our luck finally ran out.
Great day and season.

Should bring back memories of bad haircuts and ill fitting jeans.

The weekend in Bournemouth was a personal highlight.

Well I had a look at this but the copy put out is probably worse than my old VHS version ( not that I've got anything to play that on anymore ). Might have expected some cleaned up footage but nice memories

Well I had a look at this but the copy put out is probably worse than my old VHS version ( not that I've got anything to play that on anymore ). Might have expected some cleaned up footage but nice memories

Yeh, I couldn't believe how bad the quality of that coverage is/was. Looks like something from the early 80s! Still great to recall the memories though. And incredible spell from Yeo – four goals in three outings – given he had gone 26 games without a goal (and just 2 in 31) before popping up with that leveller against Torquay. Remarkable how such a quality finisher went through such a barren run... but I never remember anyone getting on his back during that very lean spell though.

And then it took him until his 12th game until he scored the following season! And between December and February, he went another dozen games without scoring. The following season, when he scored 23, he failed to net in the final eight games and had only 2 after 13 games. Without those barren runs he could have scored an absolute shedload for us.