Return of King Billy before next weekend | Page 9 | Vital Football

Return of King Billy before next weekend

mao tse tung - 18/4/2017 15:26

Behind Red Eyes - 18/4/2017 15:05

mao tse tung - 18/4/2017 14:15

Behind Red Eyes - 18/4/2017 13:12

Woanz - 18/4/2017 12:38

Would've kept us up.

Yep. Warburton's doing as good a job as anyone could who barely knows the side, but Davies knows a lot of these players inside and out. Lichaj, Cohen, Vaugan, Hobbs, Fox etc.

We certainly wouldn't be conceeding every game. He's alaredy had half these players top 6 apart from one game. And I doubt having to "make do" with Britt, Brereton, Osborn or Clough instead of Cox, Halford, Raddy etc. would hinder him either lol.

Everyone who wanted him gone, and wouldn't take him back, has helped spiral this club towards league 1.

Really!

If he is so fooking great then why is he still out of work?

Why didn't some of the clubs who have recently changed manager turn to him?

Birmingham would rather employ a con man who opens Bank accounts in his dogs name than employ that ****; why do you think that is?

Same reason as many of folk with a lot of money are out of work.

There can't be many Forest fans left still thinking Davies is genuinely a bad manager. He essentially got this side top 6 with the likes of Cox, Halford, Collins, Raddy etc. in place of Britt, Clough, Mills, Brereton etc.

I truly pity those poor souls who do tho. Their judgement calls are gonna hurt them as they go through life.

Alf, save your pity for yourself, you deluded moron.

If you want to start questioning peoples judgement, start with your own; the highest we finished with Cox, Halford and Collins in the side, under Billy, was 8th.

Exactly, miles higher than where we are now with miles worse players he inherited.

Had he returned then we'd be safe by now. He knows a large chunk of this squad, and has already got far better from them.

Having Britt & Brereton instead of Cox up front certainly wouldn't hurt.

paz1967 - 18/4/2017 19:09

just fkn weird to keep bringing up this garbage isnt it

Not really, not when you consider he was available & knows a lot of the squad already. I'd say it's weird not to consider having someone here who's already done well with a significant amount the players currently in the first 16.

BRE, simply answer one question.

Billy Davies was sacked over 3 years ago. If he is that good, why has he not been appointed to a manager, coach, DOF or any other football management role.

Of the 92 English league clubs and 42 Scottish clubs only Nottingham Forest have employed him in almost a decade.

If he had somehow managed to have stayed as Billy MK1 then we could be talking about him in different terms

But no he decided to be an utter cretin to the fans the club and himself

What a waste

We would be safe now if Davies had been appointed six games ago.

We would be safe if we did what Birmingham have and appointed Redknapp, not that he would touch our basket case club with a barge pole

Even and ancient hasbeen like Peter Reid would have ground out the results we needed

forestfaninvegas - 18/4/2017 20:28

BRE, simply answer one question.

Billy Davies was sacked over 3 years ago. If he is that good, why has he not been appointed to a manager, coach, DOF or any other football management role.

Of the 92 English league clubs and 42 Scottish clubs only Nottingham Forest have employed him in almost a decade.

The question is the wrong one. The question should be " Given the immediate threat of relegation, who would be the best available manager to alleviate the threat ?" If The choices are gary brazil, jack lester, mark warburton or billy davies its a no brainer. Still im ok with mark warburton who has been chucked in at the deep end. Needs to start playing a bit more aggressively. I think we will get away with this and move on to a brighter next season under MW .

Don't understand after why all of Billy's tricks and weird behaviour that anyone would still be giving this air time. Billy mk 1 was harshly treated by the club after the Swansea play off disaster( mind you if he were the saviour that some on here think then why did we finish the first leg of that play off nil, nil after playing for 93 minutes against ten men and allowing them all the time in the world to pass it around the back four without pressing them. ) . I must of missed some tactical genius stroke - did I.

Bully Mk2 and his sidekick jimbo came back for as we know unfinished business and yes guess what he was lied too but the road he took us down was not in the least bit pleasant. His anti media anti fan attitude upset thousands . Billy believed he'd been wronged and boy did everyone concerned in this club get to know about it. Only a few deluded souls on here could never get over it and still believe him to be close to a reincarnation of the footballing God.

As for getting us out of our current predicament with the same amount of games as Mark Warburton was given it was impossible. Many on here remember that every away game in his tenure became lets go there to get a point and as soon as we went behind-oops!!!!!
Warburton tries to play open attacking football which I personally like . Will we probably have to rebuild from league one ( more than likely) but the problem wasn't Warburton but giving firstly Montaniere and then Brazil the job beforehand.
As for King Bill saviour of the universe he helped to ruin my club, your club , everyone who supports the club from near or far. Every team who have ever had dealings with the man professionally loath him with intent from both sides of the border. He a man who has made money from getting sacked time after time.

If he'd been that decent a chap. He'd have contacted the club several times in the past to work for free to prove his worth. Do us a favour mods stop giving these people time to pour out hot oil on wounds that won't heal.

SleafordRed - 19/4/2017 08:08

Don't understand after why all of Billy's tricks and weird behaviour that anyone would still be giving this air time. Billy mk 1 was harshly treated by the club after the Swansea play off disaster( mind you if he were the saviour that some on here think then why did we finish the first leg of that play off nil, nil after playing for 93 minutes against ten men and allowing them all the time in the world to pass it around the back four without pressing them. ) . I must of missed some tactical genius stroke - did I.

Bully Mk2 and his sidekick jimbo came back for as we know unfinished business and yes guess what he was lied too but the road he took us down was not in the least bit pleasant. His anti media anti fan attitude upset thousands . Billy believed he'd been wronged and boy did everyone concerned in this club get to know about it. Only a few deluded souls on here could never get over it and still believe him to be close to a reincarnation of the footballing God.

As for getting us out of our current predicament with the same amount of games as Mark Warburton was given it was impossible. Many on here remember that every away game in his tenure became lets go there to get a point and as soon as we went behind-oops!!!!!
Warburton tries to play open attacking football which I personally like . Will we probably have to rebuild from league one ( more than likely) but the problem wasn't Warburton but giving firstly Montaniere and then Brazil the job beforehand.
As for King Bill saviour of the universe he helped to ruin my club, your club , everyone who supports the club from near or far. Every team who have ever had dealings with the man professionally loath him with intent from both sides of the border. He a man who has made money from getting sacked time after time.

If he'd been that decent a chap. He'd have contacted the club several times in the past to work for free to prove his worth. Do us a favour mods stop giving these people time to pour out hot oil on wounds that won't heal.

Absolutely agree with this. Remember he has history for being obnoxious at previous clubs as well. NO! NO! A thousand times no.

Brilliant post. I agree 100%. NO! NO! A thousand times NO to a return of the obnoxious little creep.
Sorry about the previous post!!!