Retained list new signings | Vital Football

Retained list new signings

Prem clubs announcing new signings. What’s the position on all this. When do we receive retained list info and when can we make and announce new players ?

For Massey he was ok in L1 in his first year, despite injuries in his second season with us, when fit I thought he had come a long way from his first year and was very good in the Championship.

But since he signed a new deal 3 years ago he's offered virtually nothing. He'd have almost certainly been released a year ago if it wasn't for a bizarrely low appearance trigger clause.

Nothing against Massey and wish him well. I’m sure if he returns as an opposition player he’ll get a warm welcome.

However I understand his departure as we need to upgrade the squad, and as a fringe player effectively and considering his reported salary it was the right decision to not offer a new deal.

Not surprised to see massey go to be honest he was decent for us in patches anyone heard about any possible links jamal lowe returning was on twitter think when first signings announced we will know which way the owners are going with recruitment

Massey had some very high and some very low individual moments with us, but across 150+ appearances, he was mostly serviceable and seemed to be well-liked within the club.

Will be interesting to see what type of move he can get over the summer.

I'd imagine either a lower half L1 team or upper half L2 side.

Correct decision to release Massey imo. Injuries pushed him down pecking order, wasnt at the levels of his first two seasons these last two seasons and his reported wage was high for a backup player in League One. He was struggling for game time in League One and he was only going to get even less next season in the Championship.

That said i do thank him for his service over the past 5 years. His first two seasons were very good and even when he played for us this season there were moments when we saw his versatility, sometimes depoyed at right back, right wing back, right winger and even on the left.

Some great memories in his five years with us as well. Goals vs Fleetwood and Leeds away especially. Stayed throughout our administration period too, so respect to him for that and should always deservedly get a warm welcome whenever he returns to the DW.

Wish Massey all the best wherever he goes, feel he should get a club at lower end of League One where he can still do a job and crucially as well play more regularly.

Hope the McLean new deal gets finalised in next week or so. Talk of Luke Robinson staying too, id give him a two year deal and then loan him out for some regular games at a lower end League One/upper end League Two club so we can assess his development. Robinson wont play much this season in Championship as we have two good left backs. So he might as well continue developing elsewhere on loan for a season

Massey had some very high and some very low individual moments with us, but across 150+ appearances, he was mostly serviceable and seemed to be well-liked within the club.

Will be interesting to see what type of move he can get over the summer.

I'd imagine either a lower half L1 team or upper half L2 side.

If they need a right sided player and crucially if they win promotion this weekend, id say Mansfield could be a decent shout for Massey.

They have quite wealthy owners and will back Nigel Clough next season in League One with signings to be clear of relegation next season in lower midtable. Sharpe is there now running day to day at Mansfield too, he knows Massey well and im sure if they go up to League One he will be a player they could have in mind.

I still think Massey can do a job as a regular starter for a side lower mid table in League One. He is potentially a good pick up for someone in bottom half of League One

If they need a right sided player and crucially if they win promotion this weekend, id say Mansfield could be a decent shout for Massey.

They have quite wealthy owners and will back Nigel Clough next season in League One with signings to be clear of relegation next season in lower midtable. Sharpe is there now running day to day at Mansfield too, he knows Massey well and im sure if they go up to League One he will be a player they could have in mind.

I still think Massey can do a job as a regular starter for a side lower mid table in League One. He is potentially a good pick up for someone in bottom half of League One
was Massey one of the 3 players that Sharp signed before Cook arrived?
Dunkley was one of the 3

Good luck Gav , hope you get yourself fixed up in at least L1 level.
Thanks for the contribution over the last 5 'eventful' years

Happy we offered Robinson, Smith and Lloyd a new deal. Hope Long, Carragher, Lloyd and Smith all get chance to go out on loan next season and get some experience. Robinson might get a team near bottom end of League One, suspect it might be League Two/National League loans for the others. Maybe look at a loan for Sze as well.

Better they are out playing regular first team games imo at senior level. They will learn a lot more doing that than playing U23's football