results tonight | Page 3 | Vital Football

results tonight

SC agreed and took on the challenge this season based on the players we had, and the club has already backed him financially.

If we end in the bottom half of the table, it can only be seen a dismal failure

I don't agree with booing the manager or any of the team, they already know they have failed and the interviews they give don't make it any better - I know we will get a reaction at Bradford, and we did - another poor performance

SC has hardly got a proven track record so not sure if I would trust him with the spending budget in the close season, if he fails again next season we will be in the same position.
yup, never agreed with booing or deriding the players or manager and never will do it myself. I may moan but know that it is just part of the punishment for being a gills fan. Bit like religious fanatics who punish themselves to purge their sins and show they are a superior believer than others lol.

I believe he is Chris.
Playing for a new job.
He’s been played up front as opposed to playing wide as we did.
Jet and McCammon left it too late too get off there butt's and do something. It seems Adelakun has a brain unlike the other two.

I have been chatting to a Gills ST holder mate on the phone who is expecting a toxic atmosphere on Saturday.
He reckons that many fans have turned against Clem already.
Any evidence from regulars.
Next stop …. Brad ?

Why would people boo Brad? He's already tweeted that the football isnt good enough and changes are required. He's as disappointed as the fans.

IF there are boos then its likely to be as a result of another lack of goals or exciting football.

This team has really under performed this season, especially if we end up bottom half. People might not think boos are warranted but applause and a lap of honour certainly isnt either.

Grant McCann. And he seems to have made a player out of Adelakun, so I am beginning to think he is some sort of deity :pinch:
McCann came to Doncaster last summer, and with quite a good reputation. The locals were very excited about the appointment but by Christmas they were in the bottom 4, the fans turned big time on him wanting him out. Now after 7 wins on the trot they're above the Gills in the table and he's the hero. Bit of an opposite scenario to SC. Football's a funny old game.

WTF is it with booing anyone. It achieves nothing positive.
The entitled Muppets who demand their dreams be fulfilled every week are doomed to being perpetually disappointed

It shows that the fans are disatisfied with the level of performance, effort or both. Its the opposite of applause.

I agree with Brads statement that we shouldnt try to sugar coat this seasons performances, they've not been good enough and there are times when that "feedback" should be aired at the game.

Not sure ive booed this season but i remember a game at col u once where a hearty rendition of you're not fit to wear the shirt was the highlight.

I think a fitting tribute to this season would be the players to return for their post last game lap of honour to find that everyone has gone home. Players havent turned up for most of the season so why should the fans for their lap of honour.

This team has underperformed ive got no issue with fans making them aware of that at the end of a game....not during it.

It shows that the fans are disatisfied with the level of performance, effort or both. Its the opposite of applause.

I agree with Brads statement that we shouldnt try to sugar coat this seasons performances, they've not been good enough and there are times when that "feedback" should be aired at the game.

Not sure ive booed this season but i remember a game at col u once where a hearty rendition of you're not fit to wear the shirt was the highlight.

I think a fitting tribute to this season would be the players to return for their post last game lap of honour to find that everyone has gone home. Players havent turned up for most of the season so why should the fans for their lap of honour.

This team has underperformed ive got no issue with fans making them aware of that at the end of a game....not during it.
If you really feel like that don't go. Go and watch chatham town or play with the grand kids. If you can't take the highs and lows of sport dont bother

If you really feel like that don't go. Go and watch chatham town or play with the grand kids. If you can't take the highs and lows of sport dont bother

It's exactly that attitude that BG is trying to reverse. That was the approach from the last regime and it wasn't healthy.

It's very easy from afar to have that attitude but at times this season has been a grind, even pre SC.

So your dreams haven't been fulfilled.
You're not happy about it and you want to let everybody know you're not happy about it.
Not only that, you demand that your wants be fulfilled because you're entitled to it.
Sounds like you need a nappy change
It's exactly that attitude that BG is trying to reverse. That was the approach from the last regime and it wasn't healthy.

It's very easy from afar to have that attitude but at times this season has been a grind, even pre SC.

I’ve never booed. My wife says that my voice and clapping are so loud, that me doing neither at the end of a game should be a loud enough message to the players!

I’ve never booed. My wife says that my voice and clapping are so loud, that me doing neither at the end of a game should be a loud enough message to the players!
I'll be there on Saturday as usual. Same gang of us dozen or so degenerates in the middle of the RE. We don't boo but there are the 'short fuses' around that occasionally do. We'll join in the vocal support and on occassion try to start it. You never can tell the mood of a crowd. Sometimes it's flat, waiting for something to force you to your feet and cheer. Other times it's raucous, unstoppable and loud. You wouldn't want to be anywhere else as you see the players respond and shift up yet another notch.
Need a couple more of those to send us home happy after we beat Doncaster.

Genuine question. Why?

In my experience, the players care a darn sight more than many fans give them credit for. They know if the team has done well or not.

Is the piling on trying to motivate them? They're human beings - is that what would motivate you?

I've been massively peeved watching Gills on many occasions - this year too. But I still always wait and clap them off because that's our team and they're our boys. (Sure, I then moan about it in the car on the way home but who doesn't)

The Mike Flanagan era has to be the worst football I've ever watched.
The current era might not be very exciting but It's a million miles away from the sheer ineptitude of Flanagans team.
The fans didn't boo the team then and I find it depressing that fans feel the need to boo the team now. Different times I know but the lack of a sense of proportion is somewhat pathetic

NWBlues, Archie, Vambo and LSB2:

A big thank you for reminding me that not all of us Gills fans are unrealistic, impatient, spoilt little children.

Some of the stuff I've been reading on here has been embarrassing. And much of it from supporters who have been following the Gills for long enough to know better. Yes the team has fallen short but they do care, they do try and they are far from the worst we've had during the last forty years.

Support the team, ffs.

NWBlues, Archie, Vambo and LSB2:

A big thank you for reminding me that not all of us Gills fans are unrealistic, impatient, spoilt little children.

Some of the stuff I've been reading on here has been embarrassing. And much of it from supporters who have been following the Gills for long enough to know better. Yes the team has fallen short but they do care, they do try and they are far from the worst we've had during the last forty years.

Support the team, ffs.
It's all relative though. Previous Gills teams who struggled were when we didn't have a pot to piss in and the players (such as those 30 odd years ago) frankly were useless and we knew it. The likes of Jonny Williams, Hutton, Mahoney, Lapslie, Dieng, Masterson, Ehmer and the now departed Nichols and Bonne (I could name more) are not useless and have played at a higher level. Failure is acceptable. Players playing to nowhere near their ability and often being beaten by less talented and experienced players (probably often on less money) this season is not acceptable and should be called out (and it has by the owner and manager on several occasions too), albeit that we should fully support them come Saturday. I'll certainly be there doing so.

The Mike Flanagan era has to be the worst football I've ever watched.
The current era might not be very exciting but It's a million miles away from the sheer ineptitude of Flanagans team.
The fans didn't boo the team then and I find it depressing that fans feel the need to boo the team now. Different times I know but the lack of a sense of proportion is somewhat pathetic

Don't get what booing achieves but we have had far less talented squads and individuals that have had a far better work ethic, desire application and generally been more likeable.

As for the Flanagan era, fans may not have booed then, they just flocked outside the main stand after games chanting "we want Flanagan out"🤣

It's all relative though. Previous Gills teams who struggled were when we didn't have a pot to piss in and the players (such as those 30 odd years ago) frankly were useless and we knew it. The likes of Jonny Williams, Hutton, Mahoney, Lapslie, Dieng, Masterson, Ehmer and the now departed Nichols and Bonne (I could name more) are not useless and have played at a higher level. Failure is acceptable. Players playing to nowhere near their ability and often being beaten by less talented and experienced players (probably often on less money) this season is not acceptable and should be called out (and it has by the owner and manager on several occasions too), albeit that we should fully support them come Saturday. I'll certainly be there doing so.
What's to call out? Despite their best efforts the team have missed out on the playoffs.
For whatever reason things haven't gone to plan but we still look like finishing above our position last year.
The owners and manager in particular, have every right to criticise when they think standards have dropped. Though preferably not in public.
Fans don't need to call anyone out, their employers already have.