Result/Score aside 4000 Imps !!! | Vital Football

Result/Score aside 4000 Imps !!!

RobPeel

Vital Reserves Team
Frustrating old night we simply did not keep the ball well enough and work a very 'ordinary' visiting side. The gates will be up and down but people have said it for a long time keep winning playing good attractive football and the lost fans will return.

Well huge plus tonight Tuesday night, Champions league on TV and over 4000 home fans in attendance

Can we go back to 2.5k so I can get in my normal space and get out quicker? :pointy:

But no, good turn-out. Didn't even register CL was on.

Probably down to just above 3k on Saturday, which would've happened regardless of the result I think.

Sat in block 6 , the place looked packed. The Echo must have been at least 3/4 full so was actually expecting the attendance to be higher than 4,000. Will have to see a picture of the coop when the highlights are out, the other end of the coop must have been sparce then. Anyone else thought there looked more?

I will expect a lower crowd on Saturday though after the football served tonight. 4000 on a Tuesday night against a team that nobody has ever heard of before is fantastic. There is a real buzz about the place but those who came tonight didn't see the Lincoln City that has achieved the best results of any team in the National League over the first ten games.

Due to work commitments and living 50 miles away from Lincoln, I have only managed to see two games this season. A 3-1 home defeat to Sutton and a 0-0 draw with Solihull. Perhaps that misfortune has dampened my spirits and optimism slightly but I wasn't at all impressed with most of what I saw tonight.

For me, Beevers is unlucky to be out of the team. He has looked good at Right Back and has been there throughout our rise to the top. Maybe the most improved player this season so far?

Tom Champion didn't seem to offer much more than Craig Stanley and Bradley Wood has certainly been more of a menace in the defensive / ball winning midfield role.

We seemed to resort to the long ball to Rhead option far too much. Players were crying out for a quick throw out from Farman and yet we kept losing possession by lumping it forward.

The wide men seemed to drift inside and were to quick to send in crosses from deep positions rather than use the line and zip balls across the area. The best chances we had were the few crosses that came from the byline.

Against this sort of team, happy to take a draw, parking the bus, time wasting from the outset and hoping to pinch one on the break, we have to be patient, probe, play the ball around in safe areas and find openings. Lumping it forward too often simply gives away possession, especially when the opposition has clearly thought up a plan for Rhead.

I'm no football coach but if we supporters can see it, I hope the management can.

All in all, a very good attendance, not a disastrous result (just a frustrating one), 16 points out of the last 18, another clean sheet and still top of the league. Come on City, let's do it!

Long suffering Imp - 13/9/2016 23:40

Sat in block 6 , the place looked packed. The Echo must have been at least 3/4 full so was actually expecting the attendance to be higher than 4,000. Will have to see a picture of the coop when the highlights are out, the other end of the coop must have been sparce then. Anyone else thought there looked more?
There's a video from Instagram here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKToCSGhSNW/?taken-by=lincolncity_fc

I think 4,049 was about right. I suggested to those around me at kick-off that there were around 4,100 in the ground, with the Echo stand very well populated. Lots of empty seats in the Lower Co-op on the left side as you look at it and don't forget Block 7 has the lower half completely blocked off.

No reason to think it will be much lower on Saturday (after all, we are still top!) except perhaps for the cost factor for occasional visitors. I expect Barrow to bring more than 22 supporters, too, though probably not more than 80-90.

Not only a decent crowd but our average is now 3399 very good and will hopefully get better if learn how to break down packed defences! Seem to remember a few 0-0 and 1-1 draws at home when we won the conference all those years ago. Third clean sheet at home in a row been a while since we did that I would guess?

Dale1981 - 14/9/2016 00:05

I will expect a lower crowd on Saturday though after the football served tonight. 4000 on a Tuesday night against a team that nobody has ever heard of before is fantastic.

Might not be. Lots of people like me with youngish kids can't really take them to the night games mid week.

So I would assume many of us will be there Saturday that weren't on Tuesday.

I agree I think 3800 at least. We are top of the league surely you can't lose 500/600 people because we drew 0-0. We have won 5 out of 6 remember!

JT_LCFC - 16/9/2016 22:08

I agree I think 3800 at least. We are top of the league surely you can't lose 500/600 people because we drew 0-0. We have won 5 out of 6 remember!

Irrelevant. Causal fans attend purely on the basis of the last result/performance.

NottyImp - 16/9/2016 22:13

JT_LCFC - 16/9/2016 22:08

Irrelevant. Causal fans attend purely on the basis of the last result/performance.

Causal? Or casual? There is a real difference. :gent:

Hopefully over 4,000 there later. Managed to get my shift covered at work so will attending with 6 others that couldn't make it tuesday

I can't get today as on a pre booked weekend away. However I've found the free wi-fi so can keep up to date.