Reincarnation yes/no why? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Reincarnation yes/no why?

Why dont we discuss a more important topic. Is it a "pair of thongs" or just "a thong"?

I was under the impression it was just a thong (singular)

maybe I want to come back as more than one lol....

knowing my luck I would come back as a thong that fits a 22stone woman... would be just my luck!

Barney2004 - 13/3/2014 11:58

knowing my luck I would come back as a thong that fits a 22stone woman... would be just my luck!
Or a 22 stone man :3:

gator - 13/3/2014 12:05

id want to be slung in a clothes bank and sent to Africa!

It certainly does have a lot of teleological appeal.

Man definitely does seem to find it difficult not to think teleologically because such thinking places our species as the ultimate and best achievement of evolution.

So it would seem logical that that sort of thinking would be applied to that thing often called the soul, and that individual souls are claimed to evolve in a similar process of cause and effect (karma) as physical evolution.

Like all religious theories it brings consolation (explaining why life is so s**t) and holds out hope that it might be better next time around, if we avoid actions likely to bring bad karma.

In other cultures people claim to remember their past lives but I am sure if you asked a Zen master if he believed it, he would hit you with the nearest blunt object, by way of an answer.

And as Rodney Trotter once so memorably said: Knowing my luck, if reincarnation is true, I will come back as myself. :69:

:19: :19: :19: That would be mar luck that would :10: :10:

I would luv to comeback as an alien, then i would abduct demi moore and jennifer aniston and do all sort of experiments on them muuuaaahh :17:

Fred that is a great saying by Sir rodder's mate PMSL :19:

It might just be as you say we just hope that there is something after this life gives you something more comforting than knowing thats it, but what i ahve always wondered if there is nothing say would you just see black forever i know you would be dead lol but kinda like in a blackness of unconsious :69:

blackwood_villa - 13/3/2014 10:39

upthevilla - 12/3/2014 23:34

Definitely. Having studied hypnotherapy and trained in past life regression using hypnotic techniques, I've seen too many instances of people with illnesses that haven't responded to conventional medicine go into their past lives, see that the illness has in some way been a result of a past life event manifesting in the present, and then release the 'karma' of it and be free of their illness.

Hahah this guy!!! I will have some of what he's having please!! :3: :3: :3:

Can someone get this guy a pint of 'open mindedness', with a chaser of 'unless you really know for certain why try and ridicule something you can't disprove', and a bag of salted peanuts.

ClivetheVillan - 13/3/2014 12:43

It might just be as you say we just hope that there is something after this life gives you something more comforting than knowing thats it, but what i ahve always wondered if there is nothing say would you just see black forever i know you would be dead lol but kinda like in a blackness of unconsious :69:

Our perception of the passing of time is determined by the physical change in the universe (entropy) and therefore should you continue to exist outside space and time, there will be nothing that can change (you'll have no body) so there will be no perception of time passing.

So eternity will pass in literally no time at all.

OnMeHeadFred - 13/3/2014 13:23

That's exactly what I was saying, you'd have no conception of existence while you were dead, as it was before you were born. So if it took 50 billion trillion x a billion (or so) years for you to come into existence again, it would pass instantaneously.

I think it's quite possible that everything we see has happened before, and could happen again, either way we wouldn't know, there is no way to know, no way we will ever know, but it's fascinating to try and get our tiny little brain's around it.

Either way, everything you see, smell and touch will one day become nothing more than deconstructed one way or another into particles of another body, plant, planet or something else.......

Or worse still, a 22 stone woman who`s had a sex change and suffers with diarrhea and amnesia.

Clubpaver - 13/3/2014 14:33

Or worse still, a 22 stone woman who`s had a sex change and suffers with diarrhea and amnesia.
What a weird and vivid imagination you have LOL.

OnMeHeadFred - 13/3/2014 13:23

ClivetheVillan - 13/3/2014 12:43

Our perception of the passing of time is determined by the physical change in the universe (entropy) and therefore should you continue to exist outside space and time, there will be nothing that can change (you'll have no body) so there will be no perception of time passing.

I found this fascinating and quite fantastic perception of what it may be like, cheers dude amazing that :35:

gator - 13/3/2014 14:41

Clubpaver - 13/3/2014 14:33

What a weird and vivid imagination you have LOL.

That is just so wrong, made me ill :10: :10: :10: :10: :10: :10: