Regan Poole | Vital Football

Regan Poole

berksimps

Vital Football Hero
ReganPool@ReganPoole 10 May

I would like to thank everyone associated with
@LincolnCity_FC
for the last 2 and a half years. I have loved every single minute of representing this incredible club and I wish you all the very best for the future. It’s been an absolute pleasure
2764.svg

What an absolute hero he has been, a quality defender. Thank you Regan Poole and good luck from all the City fans.

And I would like to thank you Regan for being such an incredible player for us. It was pleasure to watch you playing.

Good footballer and absolutely great athlete and character. Always reliable and commited. One of the main reasons we have stayed up last season.

Thanks Regan

A proper player. Never a backward step in anything. It was noticeable, in the last game, how angry he was with the first half. Trying to get the others going when some looked like they had started their holiday.
Good luck to him, and to us in finding a replacement as good and committed!

Quality player and had the pleasure of meeting him off the pitch and a genuinely good decent human being. Quite clear he has been moving on for a while but can't say it stopped him putting his body on the line. Model pro.

It's a shame we couldn't eek another year really and convince him to sign a Grant type contract i.e. release clause to get more time out of him..

Started off looking like he wasn't up to standard. Ended his time here setting the standards. A real and rare example of a leader on and off the pitch.

Thanks for your service Regan, you leave with your head held high and everyone's best wishes. I hope you get the move you deserve. You'll certainly get a standing ovation from me if and when you return to the bank.

Are there any rumours about where he might be going? I think Cardiff was mentioned before but not sure if that was a lazy, plausible link? I was wondering if there might be a limited set of clubs who would be a good fit (ideally those playing three at the back, mid to lower Championship who need a right-sided centre back)? Preston perhaps?

I kind of hope he does get to go a level up rather than Sheff Wed or Derby or whoever is still here next year in L1 with money. Although his versatility and being free might mean a few more teams are happy to take a punt.