Regan Poole | Vital Football

Regan Poole

Deserve a thread on his own for his consistent performances this year. One we might have to fight to keep hold of in January?

No, he’s dogshit. One of the worst full backs ever, and very definitely not fit to wear the shirt. It was him, and him alone that cost us promotion last year.

I think he has improved significantly since he first came here. Usually a 6.5/10 every week , somehow before he did everything apart from score until yesterday and it was great to see him bag the winner and to see his reaction after.

If he could cross with his left foot when he turns in, it would make him a lot better player. I am a little surprised MA and staff don’t keep him on the training ground for an hour after the finish, running down the the right touch line past the standing dummies and get him to turn in and cross the ball on his left foot to about 16 yards out of the centre of the goal.
If he could then do it consistently, the defence wouldn’t have a clue which way he way going, at present you know he he is only going to use his right foot to cross, play it down the line or play back.

Had my doubts in his first few games when he just looked a little bit slow and reluctant to get forward early on. Increased fitness and greater confidence now sees him as our most improved player. Saturday's goal was so important to him, and will have given him even more belief.

Heard a rumour, unsubstantiated, that we received offers for him before the window closed. MA clearly knew the player's potential and had him as early pick on the team sheet.

Has a bit of Tom Miller about him IMO.

I think that's a good shout. Very committed, tough competitor, good 1 v 1 defender, doesn't hide, decent in the air. Miller was an obvious stand out for a while for us when we were terrible and had a knack of scoring the odd header despite being a bit smaller than some of the massive centre halves about! I'm surprised looking at his career that he hasn't been playing at a higher level than the Northern Premier although I know he had some injury issues too. Looks like he also picked a bad time to sign for Bury...

I truly believe that at some point Regan Poole is likely to move on for big money. One of our better players who is a highly rated fullback within football circles even if some of our own supporters can't see it..
Agree , and pleased to say that all those around me AT THE MATCH agreed as well.

I think he has improved significantly since he first came here. Usually a 6.5/10 every week , somehow before he did everything apart from score until yesterday and it was great to see him bag the winner and to see his reaction after.

If he could cross with his left foot when he turns in, it would make him a lot better player. I am a little surprised MA and staff don’t keep him on the training ground for an hour after the finish, running down the the right touch line past the standing dummies and get him to turn in and cross the ball on his left foot to about 16 yards out of the centre of the goal.
If he could then do it consistently, the defence wouldn’t have a clue which way he way going, at present you know he he is only going to use his right foot to cross, play it down the line or play back.

Hi BBH
It might be a good idea to get all the one legged players to practice kicking with their other leg. or even both their feet would help. :p