Refund from GFC | Vital Football

Refund from GFC

alphabet_king

Vital 1st Team Regular
Just had a call from GFC offering me a refund for a mascot package i had booked for my son just before covid for one of the cancelled games.

They offered me the choice of a refund or to keep it in the club (i.e. add him to a list and he will do it when we are allowed back).

I kept it in the club as i know he'll still want to do it when we're all allowed back.

They said they had just started working again, and are on bare bones staff. not everyone is back in yet.

It was my Mrs that actually answered and spoke to them, so she didn't ask what the plans were for ST holders, unfortunately.

Just had a call from GFC offering me a refund for a mascot package i had booked for my son just before covid for one of the cancelled games.

They offered me the choice of a refund or to keep it in the club (i.e. add him to a list and he will do it when we are allowed back).

I kept it in the club as i know he'll still want to do it when we're all allowed back.

They said they had just started working again, and are on bare bones staff. not everyone is back in yet.

It was my Mrs that actually answered and spoke to them, so she didn't ask what the plans were for ST holders, unfortunately.
Are you confident that he will still want to be mascot when he's 35?

Good gesture by both you and the club tbf.
Wouldn't have blamed you for taking the money but the club probably need every penny at the moment and you'll (hopefully) still get to use the package so winners all round.
Maybe GFC are, as promised, getting round to sorting people out, here's hoping.

Good gesture by both you and the club tbf.
Wouldn't have blamed you for taking the money but the club probably need every penny at the moment and you'll (hopefully) still get to use the package so winners all round.
Maybe GFC are, as promised, getting round to sorting people out, here's hoping.
Indeed. We do still want the package - he's done it before, so are happy to just wait for when we're actually allowed in. That said, we wouldn't particularly want him to do it when they are just first time let in, and the experience is a bit crap. i.e. doesnt get to meet the players etc. So we will just wait and see.

Glad that they've got around to contacting people though now a few are coming off furlough. Maybe scally might even do something with STs at some point.

Well I would, and I'm 69.

Funnily enough Johngill I was lightheartedly proposing such a package before lockdown. OK I admit that at the time I was there to accompany my grandson on his big day just to help his Mum & dad look after hims and it got me thinking. If they offered a full adult package (pensioner discount naturally) just how many of us would have the nerve to go for it.

Coming up for 10 games into the new season, any firm news from the club on refunds for last season or this season (or have I missed it)?

Coming up for 10 games into the new season, any firm news from the club on refunds for last season or this season (or have I missed it)?
I think it's a cunning plan. Scally aims to ignore the issue for many years by which time we'd have developed Alzheimers and forgotten that he owes us a refund.

"We are back in the office now and will be working to a conclusion with this.

Many thanks for being patient

Ben"

I have been informed the second lockdown is affecting the refund process. What a load of rubbish.

Well of course it could be. Staff could well be furloughed again. You really seem very oblivious of the pressures GFC is under at the moment. Disgusting IMO considering you are supposed to support the club.
I'm more concerned about my own situation rather than the clubs.

My employment is due to cease before Christmas and where i live the employment market is pretty bad.

If only i could afford to throw so much money away. I'm sure such an amount is trivial to somebody earning as much as you do.

If i cannot afford something i cannot have it.

The bottom line is the club have failed entirely in this area.

Surely you can understand why a second lockdown and furlough may impact the ability of the club to process refunds?

There’s no excuse for the club not offering pro rata refunds for the games missed last season.
For this season they should have offered the choice of refunds or the free iFollow codes for home games until fans are allowed back in.
If that would have meant that Evans would have had a smaller budget for players then so be it.

I'd personally guess that we'll be in a position to offer refunds if a bail-out package is agreed.

If that is the case it's piss poor from the club. If GFC are saying that you can have your money back if someone bails us out, if not tough shit, it shows a lack of respect for its supporters. The EFL turned down one bail out offer. I'd doubt there would be many supporters claiming a refund but those that are or need it should have had some kind of solution or offer made by now. If furlough is the reason, guess they'll be no solution now before March as I'd imagine if most of the staff are back in furlough that's where they'll be until March.