Red Card Overturned | Vital Football

Red Card Overturned

Mighty Bongsmon

Vital Squad Member
Posted this on the other thread but thought it deserved a thread of its own

Surprised to be honest & I don't agree but I guess this would have been one of the 2% of times that I;d have got the decision wrong in the eyes of the authorities!!

I suspect that the ref thought there'd been an elbow & that's why it was changed but who knows!!

Could you please clear up a couple of things related to this MB. On the clubs website it says that the red card remains on record, why would this remain and what implication does it have on future games.

As Samy's adopted father figure and protector Hindley, please don't take this in the wrong way but I hope he is rested tonight. If he plays I am sure the Hull players will be on the wind up and Samy does have a short fuse. They will use the incident as ammunition and try to get a reaction. In my humble opinion I hope PC rests him as another yellow card in this match would give the press and any other of the anti Sam brigade another reason to knock him. I want to see him on the pitch as much as possible but given his lack of preparation pre season I think the occasional rest would do him more good.

Good points TB but I can't help it....I still want him to play though. I think Evans and Gibson are too similar to compliment each other.

He won't be rested. Personally I think he does need one as he's not really had one for over 12 months. However he's the captain, he'll lead by example and won't ask for one, even though he'd walk back into the team on his return. Would also be a difficult decision for Cook to give his leader an enforced rest. I fail to see how hull could use the incident as ammunition, it was an incorrect red card for an accidental collision by two committed players despite the risk of personal injury. If anything they'll know he will take no shit and not bottle any challenge. Would love it if he bagged the winner tonight.

Really shocked it's been overturned but very pleased. If it was the wrong call as the FA have now deemed then that's another refereeing decision that cost us. It's good we haven't got to be without him for 3 games but it hardly makes up for the Brentford game.

Can't really say it's good luck to get it recinded when they are recinding it as they say it shouldn't have been given in the first place.

The amount of stuff that happened in these first few games has converted me to liking VAR!

Could you please clear up a couple of things related to this MB. On the clubs website it says that the red card remains on record, why would this remain and what implication does it have on future games.

If I’m honest I haven’t got the foggiest - I was gonna day maybe it means if he gets another red it will mean a longer suspension but the article says it won’t.

The only thing I can think of is that (as I do admin at a club) in the FA website it shows how many cautions and sendings off your club has had. If you reach a certain number of “points” you get a fine so maybe it still counts to that??

Seems stupid though as the red card was either correct or it wasn’t

Even the wording on Latics website is odd as it just says his suspension has been withdrawn but not that they’ve accepted the straight red was incorrect even though part of Latics claim was unfair dismissal

Very strange

As Samy's adopted father figure and protector Hindley, please don't take this in the wrong way but I hope he is rested tonight. If he plays I am sure the Hull players will be on the wind up and Samy does have a short fuse. They will use the incident as ammunition and try to get a reaction. In my humble opinion I hope PC rests him as another yellow card in this match would give the press and any other of the anti Sam brigade another reason to knock him. I want to see him on the pitch as much as possible but given his lack of preparation pre season I think the occasional rest would do him more good.

im with you on this tb and i see mib point as well abuot resting him

but. now is the time for that pep talk from cook and for sam to walk out there as a leeder and captane. showing everybody that he is above all of this. a grate test of his temprement and will prove to the panel that they made the rite desiseon.

just wate for the cheer to go up when he steps out from the tunel tonite. epic.

Was this on appeal or is it a decision made by the review board or would it be the referee who amended his decision.

It maybe is a good job that Sam's absence made sod all difference to the result.

Posted this on the other thread but thought it deserved a thread of its own

Surprised to be honest & I don't agree but I guess this would have been one of the 2% of times that I;d have got the decision wrong in the eyes of the authorities!!

I suspect that the ref thought there'd been an elbow & that's why it was changed but who knows!!

Blimey, 2%! Imagine going through life, only making mistakes twice out of every hundred decisions. You must be bloody good, mate!

It could have done but did it on this occasion? I thought the overwhelming feeling was we got battered all game & would have lost with 11 or 10 men

It may have made no difference but at 1-0 with 11 on the pitch a goal against the run of play couldn't be ruled out. Our chances of that decreased massively having a player wrongly sent off according to the FA ruling.

It's good the FA rescind the ban but the points are already lost so it's not really justice. Bring on VAR.

Anyone notice when Samy scored he did the cupping of the ears which is normally the thing players do to signal 'i can't hear you now' to their critics.

There are always some muppets who message players abuse on line but Morsy hasn't done that before when he scored so i hope Morsy hasn't been getting lots of stick from our fans (maybe because of the red card). I'm sure i also heard it mentioned in an interveiw by Morsy or Cook that they felt the critasism was unfair after the red.

Maybe it's something else, but i noticed last season both Toney and Massey did it at one point too. They are big lads and taking stick is part and parcel of the game they have to endure, but that's 3 players i've seen do it now and i'd hate to think our fans are abusing them in anyway. It's so counter productive.