Red card for dc? | Vital Football

Red card for dc?

I would need to see it again but at the time I thought it was a decent challenge by the Newport player... :shrug:

Been pushing his luck all season and so has Nicky, bound to happen at some point.
The players are better behaved!
Seriously they both need to calm down and to be fair they've both admit it too.
All oppo fans comment about their touchline behaviour constantly.

Managers should know and understand implicitly that the FA will accept no criticism whatsoever of it or its employees/competitions/rules, regardless of how unfair/ridiculous/deranged they may appear to anyone who does not work for the FA (i.e. anyone with normal cognitive faculties).

The FA is perfect in every way. Their employees are angels. Referees are never to be challenged. Get used to it.

Banned for Everton?
I sincerely hope not. It would make sense to align the rules for managers with the rules for players, i.e. that suspensions are competition-specific.

This is the FA we are talking about, though, so expect no alignment whatsoever.

It's part and parcel of who Danny is
I've often heard him give the 4th official some 'views' but he never resorted to bad language

Surely he should have just dished out a yellow instead. Great to see so much determination on our touch line, the will to win is incredible.

That's three touchline sending-offs in just over a year isn't it (Mansfield and Notts County last season; Newport this). That makes our manager comfortably the worst offender for indiscipline in the first-team setup.

I'm not going to defend this in terms of 'passion' or 'will to win', nor am I going to agree with guff like 'the referee was trying to make a name for himself'. Referees' lives would be made a whole lot easier if players and coaches weren't questioning or lambasting every single decision that goes against them... maybe then their judgement calls would be consistently better too.

Yesterday's ref was not the greatest by a long chalk, but nor was he anywhere near the worst we've had in the last couple of years. And no Jules, he wasn't 'trying to make a name for himself' - referees can't do that by making decisions at League 2 games that you disagree with - they need to progress to the elite levels of the game and prove themselves over a long period of time to be consistently competent enough to handle big games.

It should also be said that as with every team up and down the country, we've also had our fair share of marginal or questionable decisions go our way this season. And like everyone else on here, I am a huge DC fan and will forever be grateful for the wonderful work he and his brother have done for our football club... I just wish he could drop some of the referee baiting he gets involved with at every match. It'll save him a few quid if he does.

IMO the whole thing has been coming for a while now. With some referees we've had it has been a disgrace.With a lot of games Referees have given us nothing ,and we have had to fight for things we've achieved, perhaps a frustrated build-up of things for DC, and other Mngrs comments about us does not help.

keep pushing on Danny.