Recommended Films | Vital Football

Recommended Films

Trev_GFC

Vital 1st Team Regular
Yesterday I flew on a plane and watched the new release ‘The Hate U Give’. Fucking hell, what a fantastic, thought-provoking insight into the mind of a black teenage girl during the ‘Every Lives Matter’ stage recently where American black people were being shot and killed when ultimately unarmed. Nods to To Kill a Mockingbird or A Time to Kill.

Anyone else seen it or recommend anything?

Last edited:
People taking flights just to watch a film, has someone told extinction rebellion... ;-)
Given some flights are probably sold cheaper than some west end cinema tickets that is not as daft as it sounds. Such is the world we live in.It is the reason why govenments in conjunction with the public on a global scale are the only way of saving our planet.

Given some flights are probably sold cheaper than some west end cinema tickets that is not as daft as it sounds. Such is the world we live in.It is the reason why govenments in conjunction with the public on a global scale are the only way of saving our planet.

"Film flights" should be banned, we need to save the planet!

I challenge you to show me one flight with films on (i.e. long haul) that is cheaper than a west end cinema ticket.

I challenge you to show me one flight with films on (i.e. long haul) that is cheaper than a west end cinema ticket.
Thanks but no thanks.That challenge would probably take all day.My point was a bit tongue in cheek anyway.But if it is right (i am a non smoker and not heavy drinker.) to put massive taxes on cigarettes and booze for mainly health reasons. Then surely the same is now proven to be true for flights only instead on mainly just damage to your own health flights will contribute to the the death of the planet and everyone on it .

Thanks but no thanks.That challenge would probably take all day.My point was a bit tongue in cheek anyway.But if it is right (i am a non smoker and not heavy drinker.) to put massive taxes on cigarettes and booze for mainly health reasons. Then surely the same is now proven to be true for flights only instead on mainly just damage to your own health flights will contribute to the the death of the planet and everyone on it .
It would take all day because its not possible.

There is already quite heavy aviation taxes applied to plane tickets.

Apologies this suggestion is not very cutting edge but.. Bought a cheap dvd of Coco by Disney to entertain the grandkids on dark winter afternoons. What an absolutely beautiful piece of work it is. Life, death the spirit world and fulfilling your potential, its all there and with spectacular animation and clever story telling. Top feelgood factor too! ps. I liked it!

Greta would hate me as I went to Jacksonville and Miami for less than a week. Flew inbetween as well.

Good shout Vambo.

Greta would hate me as I went to Jacksonville and Miami for less than a week. Flew inbetween as well.

Good shout Vambo.

I better not mention my three days in New Hampshire then !!! Although I did rent a hybrid so that has to get me some points back.

I watched Beats on the plane, a bit like trainspotting, it was quite good

On the way back I binge watched the 6 Chernobyl episodes which was fantastic and its a must watch for everyone

Not new films but I really loved:

the revenant
Under the skin
The lobster
High Rise
About Time

favourite of all time has to be The Shining

Don't watch "Sorry I missed you". Ken Loach's latest, especially after Thursday's election result. Desperately sad.

LA Confidential is one of my favourites.

3 Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri = brilliant.

The Lion in Winter for medieval historical soap/drama and great actors/music (John Barry iirc).

It would take all day because its not possible.

There is already quite heavy aviation taxes applied to plane tickets.

Hmmm. Depends on your idea of heavy taxation.

http://www.airportwatch.org.uk/air-passenger-duty/

That's not heavy in my opinion other than perhaps the private jet rate.

The tax on aviation fuel? Not a penny piece, zero. Compare that with the motorist below.

https://www.nextgreencar.com/car-tax/fuel-duty/

Consider that train fuel and power is taxed and that motorists pay road tax. Budget airlines have not defied the laws of economics; they are able to provide those fares because of the taxation regime. It favours them and if we are in any way serious about tackling pollution it needs to change radically.

I recently saw the Peanut butter falcon, which is about a lad with downs syndrome who lives in a old persons home and breaks out and goes on the run to go to wrestling school and hooks up with someone else who is also on the run. It's a good watch and the kid is an excellent actor.

I recently saw the Peanut butter falcon, which is about a lad with downs syndrome who lives in a old persons home and breaks out and goes on the run to go to wrestling school and hooks up with someone else who is also on the run. It's a good watch and the kid is an excellent actor.
Wtf? Are you sure you weren't on an acid trip after a weekend with Buddah?
:-)

in my long and eventful life I’ve watched quite a few films , but can count on one hand the ones I watched all the way through , however one that did was one flew over the cuckoos nest, brilliant
Blimey. How do you ever manage to sit through a whole Gills match then?

Yesterday I flew on a plane and watched the new release ‘The Hate U Give’. Fucking hell, what a fantastic, thought-provoking insight into the mind of a black teenage girl during the ‘Every Lives Matter’ stage recently where American black people were being shot and killed when ultimately unarmed. Nods to To Kill a Mockingbird or A Time to Kill.

Anyone else seen it or recommend anything?

Joker.