Realistically...what now for fawaz | Vital Football

Realistically...what now for fawaz

Southern red

Vital Champions League
I've sat here tonight utterly distraught at the thought of our club going down the crapper...

But more worryingly...what happens now?

We've had the Dunkirk exodus of staff...the manager is beyond clueless and now players want out

I can't see fawaz recruiting a dof/CEO/scout or any other staff we need

I also can't see any decent manager coming to this shit show...especially as we will now see the biggest fire sale in football history

Whichever way I look at it...he has to sell...because he will never ever have any fan faith ever again....

Our price will plummet week on week....and he will never ever be welcome by the fans

Or am I missing something?

Well as a few may remember I've been more sympathetic towards Fawaz than most - I've recieved a fair bit of stick for expressing my opinion that he's incompetant rather than malicious, and perhaps rightly so because as it's turned out the result appears to be the same.

But now I am really worried as to how this will turn out. Unless Fawaz miraculously get his act together we're in an even worse position than the period before his arrival - once again it appears there is nobody to invest in the club, but the difference this time is that where the Doughty estate was keen to sell and acting professionaly, we can't rely on Fawaz to do so.

Assuming the deal with the Americans doesn't happen I can imagine this going one of two ways:

You never know, Fawaz might start putting money into the club again in an attempt to prove us all wrong. Up until a certain point he was throwing a lot of money at the club - my perception has been that since deciding to sell up he has decided not to invest any more, hence the selling of players to fund the club, and the cheap (as far as I can see, I'm not privy to how much they have cost - even the frees cost money of course), poor quality signings.

He's already demonstrated that he is incapable of running a football club - at best, if he gives it another go, we will potter along mid to lower table. We'd be stuck at best at this mediocre level until somebody comes along and persuades him to sell.

But I'm more worried about him totally throwing his dummy out of the pram. I can definetely see him refusing to invest even the funds required to run the club, and that will mean player sales merely to stay in the division, like Cotterill had to oversee.

I do worry though, that he isn't the most mature, dispassionate person. I've seen a lot of abuse directed towards him on Twitter tonight and even one death threat. The clubs balls are in one hand - he has a knife in the other.

I think we all need to count to ten and lay off the death threats, or the more extreme abuse that's best left reserved other kinds of people. I've come across a lot of evil people in my time through work - I think it's given me a different perspective on other people who are merely buffoons rather than those truly deserving of abuse.

My worry is if he thinks well if you're going to wish me dead then fook you I'm gonna try to get my money back. We could lose everything here. I think there's a real danger here of us descending to lower depths than Pompey for example, and I think the way football finances are it would be more difficult for us to recover.

One thing I hope though is that we can get through this as a fan base and not descend into abusing each other no matter what different opinions we all have. There's a lot of arguing on forums in general - which always strikes me as funny because I know that whatever whether you're a 'happy clapper' or are more critical, or whatever your opinion, if we knew each other in real life football would bring us together. We're all going through the same disappointments, we may as well help each other through it rather than making the journey even more uncomfortable.

That last paragraph is mostly what I wanted to say before I started waffling, as I've been reading on here and on Twitter people getting irate with each other. Not trying to be patronising by the way it just saddens me to see my fellow Forest fans so downcast.

The ball is in Fawaz's court. Worrying times, but don't be too distraught mate - whatever happens we will bounce back.

"I think we all need to count to ten and lay off the death threats"

Quote of the day Boffin :19:

BRE will be along soon to blame all of us for this

In reality, Fawaz has several easy options to deal with the Twitter problem- he can just close the app for a start!

Next for Fawaz though? Sell, sell, sell this month. Raise as much money as he can, and in a dream world pick up a few points despite that. Perhaps sign a couple of useless loans.

He can then take that money and a) keep it, cutting all other funding and let the bills and demands accrue until HMRC come calling, and he either puts us out of our misery or pays them

Or b) go back to Moores in Feb and say "fine, I'll reduce the price now- £5-10m. He'll walk away with less than he thinks, but it will still be around £25m as supposed to £15m. Not a terrible deal For Moores either given the PL money available.

I do worry though about the club. Lalou was incompetent but at least he was doing SOME running if the club. Now there is no one.

But most of all, now is not time for fans to be shy or hold back IMO. We can't be afraid of what Fawaz will do next, because to be honest his next moves will be based soley on money, not spite. There is only so much he can do to the club and the FL are unlikely to allow such a big name as us to under. A Rangers style Phoenix club in League 2 could happen (1986 Middlesborough springs to mind) and even in the worst case scenario, it took Wimbledon only ten years to get back to exactly where they were before

He's skint

I believe we will go into admin at some stage

Probably next season as this season we have players we could sell to pay bills

The conveyor belt of players to sell will run out

We all expect to be relegated now

We all expect our best players to be sold

Assuming we are getting relegated this season then going into admin now would be better than going into admin next season. Get the punishments out of the way and get new owners in charge now.

Fawaz is incredibly stupid not just to give us away IMO. But I do suspect he's pretty desperate for money as well

Would really like to know the deal he turned down. I bet after paying off debts he would have been left with very little. I bet it was nowhere near the reported figures so far

I can't see what's in it for Fawaz keeping the club

It's just going to decrease in value by the week

UNLESS he is going to do the dirty on us and sell players but not pay debts?

Can't see a Plan B that he could have?

He's not competent to lead us out of this

Can't see anything other than relegation. It was going to be tough to avoid relegation even with competent owners

I think I'd rather be in the conference or whatever they call it nowadays and be totally Fawaz free if that was an option.
I was optimistic about our future under the potential new owners , now we really are fooked under this blithering imbecile.
Happy New Year.

Jimmy Gordon - 14/1/2017 07:23

He's skint

Assuming we are getting relegated this season then going into admin now would be better than going into admin next season. Get the punishments out of the way and get new owners in charge now.

Fawaz is incredibly stupid not just to give us away IMO. But I do suspect he's pretty desperate for money as well

Would really like to know the deal he turned down. I bet after paying off debts he would have been left with very little. I bet it was nowhere near the reported figures so far

What a sad state of affairs when administration actually seems a more attractive proposition than Fawaz remaining at the club.

Jimmy Gordon - 14/1/2017 07:26

I can't see what's in it for Fawaz keeping the club

It's just going to decrease in value by the week

UNLESS he is going to do the dirty on us and sell players but not pay debts?

Can't see a Plan B that he could have?

Don't think he's thought that far ahead, I even think he thought he could leave the deal and still employ Rowett.
It's all going to unravel quite quickly for him. How far he is able to bury his head in the sand will dictate the damage done to the club
Quite far I expect unfortunately.

Jimmy Gordon - 14/1/2017 07:23

He's skint

If it's admin then it has to be right now- next few weeks. If the FL deem us to be already as good as down they'll just push any points penalty to next season, which is our biggest nightmare. This club, squad and fan base are no where near strong enough to survive a league one season with a 12 point penalty or whatever it is- we would capitulate.

FL can even delay a penalty until the end of the season to see which fooks us most.

Oh you just about survived? PebLty now, you're relegated

You got yourselves relegated narrowly did you? Penalty next year then.

This club will end up being worth £1

Problem for Fawaz with selling players is that every one of their valuations has just gone down by 1/3 overnight now everyone knows how much we are in the shit. Those valuations decline every day as they know Fawaz is desperate to firesale. He won't get anything close to what he hopes for.

We'll find out a lot about his intentions if we lose today and Montanier remains in post next week though

When the Greek deal broke down he asked FC to become chairman. He might ask him again?

If I was FC I would want a lot of money to take on this poison chalice job. I doubt he would want the job. He knows the mess we are in

Maybe Fawaz should make JMC chairman?

I doubt he could do much but it might deflect some heat from Fawaz.

It's a horrible job for anyone to take on right now

Paul Faulkner
@GBChamberBoss
9h
Sorry #NFFC fans not trying to be cryptic just suspected would be hard for anyone to get genuinely fair deal over the line w/current boss

Paul Faulkner
@GBChamberBoss
8h
In '06 I was part of a US led takeover of #avfc where possible new owner walked away only for deal to be back on 24hrs later.Hope #NFFC fans

Latest news

Fire sale of all the players commences on Monday,any offer accepted if you can pay upfront,we don't want sell on clauses,we just need the money and later in the season I will call in the Administrators after I have had time to move the cash around.
I have been saying this for months and the Fawaz happy clappers have lambasted me for my comments,the guy is skint and a fraud and is hell bent on fooking us up now,take my word.

Well now it's battle stations on the pitch, and I reckon the young uns are more worth picking as most of the first team have already backed out of the fight. Noisy crowd needed now, and survival would be our glory this year. No point hoping for a takeover. If it happens it happens.

It's time to to stand together. Play this camel rutting cunner at his own game. The evening post can do one stirring it up. We are where we are. If we fight against each other and the team we're adding to the mess. We've got enough to stay up. Once were safe them go for clown.