Real Madrid v Manchester City Champions League Wednesday 26th February KO-8.00pm - Preview and Match Day Thread | Vital Football

Real Madrid v Manchester City Champions League Wednesday 26th February KO-8.00pm - Preview and Match Day Thread

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
*UEFA can go F*** themselves
For obvious reasons the official body for this competition will not want City to reach the Final of this competition, because it would be so embarrassing and so don't expect any fairness from the Officials on or off the field.

City can expect to have Laporte back fully fit and able to play 90 minutes and hopefully Leroy Sane who can be such a devastating player(could be on the subs bench), but we may be without Raheem Sterling currently down with a hamstring problem(an outside chance of RS7 playing). The rest of the squad is fit and hoping to take a win from this game and I do not see why we cannot come away from Madrid with a lead for the second leg.

The booing of the inane Anthem will continue until morale improves.
City Team News
Out Sterling.

Doubtful none

possible starting Xl
Ederson
Walker Otamendi Laporte Mendy*
David Silva, Rodri, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Jesus
Aguero

*misses next match if booked

Match Officials:
Referee

Daniele Orsato (ITA)
Assistant referees
Lorenzo Manganelli (ITA)
Alessandro Giallatini (ITA)
Video Assistant Referee
Massimiliano Irrati (ITA)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee :ROFLMAO:
Ciro Carbone (ITA)
Fourth official
Daniele Doveri (ITA)

Last edited:
Odds on the following outcomes........?

🤔 Red card for a City player?
🤔 VAR decisions favouring the home team?
🤔 Offside decisions favouring RM?

I think we can come home with a win, I am very optimistic about this game and believe the ref will be better than most who run in the prem each week.

I personally do not give a rip about the CL....at least that used to be the case. Now, I want to shove straight up UEFA's arses and wreck their world.

I personally do not give a rip about the CL....at least that used to be the case. Now, I want to shove straight up UEFA's arses and wreck their world.

I think the point here is it is a money spinner for us and we have raked in alot of money by being in it and so we can afford to buy world class players and it is the Players that want to play in it or they will sign for a Club that is, a sort of catch 22 for us.

Catch 22. The revenue stream we need to compete at the top level by attracting top players and sponsors/investment relies upon CL involvement....😕

You know someone just pointed out the advantage that playing the second leg away from home confers.......the away team potentially gets 120 minutes to score an away goal. When you play the 1st leg away from home you only have a max of 90+ mins 🤔

I never thought of it that way.....

You know someone just pointed out the advantage that playing the second leg away from home confers.......the away team potentially gets 120 minutes to score an away goal. When you play the 1st leg away from home you only have a max of 90+ mins 🤔

I never thought of it that way.....
True, but with the second leg at home you know what you have to do, and you have home advantage.

Pep on I'mEric & Sterling.......

"[Laporte] asked me to be substituted, but he's not injured," Guardiola said. "He's been four months, five months injured, we can't forget that. He had to run a lot. [Sterling] is much, much, much better, I think he'll be ready."

What do you think chaps? Given Raheem’s interview with the two draped shirts, should he play??? (if fit, of course).

What do you think chaps? Given Raheem’s interview with the two draped shirts, should he play??? (if fit, of course).
If fit he would want to play to show case himself to his new future alleged employers. I would have him on the bench as he can't be fully match fit.

So presumably all those that don't give a damn about the CL won't be watching Wednesday? Of course you will be...

I will, really want to win this trophy and shove it up UEFA's arse. Presumably their anthem will be played nice and loud - perhaps we can add some balance by turning it down a notch for the return at Eastlands.

No F25 in the starting XI Buzz?

Full training squad: Ederson, Bravo, Carson; Walker, Cancelo, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Stones, Garcia, Mendy, Zinchenko, Laporte; Gundogan, Rodri, Silva, Bernardo, Foden, De Bruyne; Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero, Sane

22 man travelling squad:-

1 Claudio Bravo
2 Kyle Walker
5 John Stones
7 Raheem Sterling
8 Ilkay Gundogan
9 Gabriel Jesus
10 Sergio Aguero
11 Oleksandr Zinchenko
14 Aymeric Laporte
16 Rodrigo
17 Kevin De Bruyne