Reading v Nottingham Forest - Sponsored by non sweaty nonce Prince Andrew | Page 10 | Vital Football

Reading v Nottingham Forest - Sponsored by non sweaty nonce Prince Andrew

Worrall has continued his terrible form that seems to go under the radar. He didn't get his move in the summer and it's clearly impacted on him. Get shut in January for £8-£10m and laugh all the way to the bank.

Samba is a calamitous clown. Dreadful keeper, and definitely needs replacing next season.

I agree. About time there is focus on worrall. Making mistakes and bad positioning all the time

Sounded like things improved when we reverted to the back 3 / 5, also sounded like a draw fair result, and all in all a good point. I still maintain that this team won't progress much further until we get a more dynamic striker than Grabban, it seems he missed 2 today the first according to RN he could have played one of two in for a tap in, we need someone with a bit of pace & power who can give opposition centre backs a tough time which can create chances for others even if he is not scoring himself which Grabban very rarely does. Still at least we continue to try to win games which is still refreshing and ultimately a good point.
as ive always said, a one trick pony but even that one trick pony is still only a 1 in 3 striker in the second division. If we had to keep an old player on the books id take colback over grabs without hesitation, a 1 in 3 striker is replaceable, he may even have other assets

I thought so too, both teams wasteful but we had the better chances. Nice to hear cooper calling it straight saying we need to control games better than we did today.

Thought they did their homework on us a bit and clearly tried to keep our wingbacks pegged back. Problem with these games is that its its another 2pts dropped and a glorious chance to make up lost ground.

Not a disaster by any means and was nice to see us finish strongly and try to go on and win but if we can be more clinical then we wont need a last 10min mad scramble.
hard to have self entitlement that it ws 2 pts droppped, its hard earned 1 point gained away from home

Worrall has continued his terrible form that seems to go under the radar. He didn't get his move in the summer and it's clearly impacted on him. Get shut in January for £8-£10m and laugh all the way to the bank.

Samba is a calamitous clown. Dreadful keeper, and definitely needs replacing next season.

I did not think Samba was that bad yesterday but I totally agree with the overall sentiment.

He's terrible with crosses Mao. Actually, that can apply to both players, and their distribution

Because of Samba not dominating his box and not coming for crosses Forest have to field 3CD. Those 3CD’s are almost on 6 yard line because Samba never claims crosses. Corner against Reading, they had done their homework. Defence all inside 6 yard box thus cross at 12/15 yards. 6 Forest players not able to attack ball. This all stems from goalkeeper not coming for crosses in his box. I would prefer Smith.

grabbs has missed as many sitters as hes scored, but thats always been the case. We are still carrying him for the sake of a goal every 3 and an assist every 20
In terms of goals/minute, he's up there with the best in the league. 4th or 5th, i think.

He's frustrating as he's so experienced and a good player, but he regularly makes the wrong decision in great positions. He 100% should have just rolled it to Colback and it's a goal but he chose to shoot with his very unreliable left foot. That other one I think I've seen him do that for us 10 times, knocks it past the keeper then just can't finish with his left and hits the side netting. I think Taylor may start tomorrow resting Grabban for Friday, wonder if we are lining up a January move for a striker we really need something different but of pace would be nice.

I think tree is right, he is still easily the best forward we have. He is frustrating tho but i guess if he did put everything away he wouldnt be playing for us in the championship

Ive never disputed that he isnt our best finisher, basically cos hes been the only one that plays, just categorically believe he doesnt offer enough despite the goals. Our lack of goals in general just glosses things over.

Statistically we cant escape the facts that he is literally a 1 in 3 championship player and has I think 6 just assists in 3 seasons. It really should not be difficult to replace, the combined numbers are poor. Hes also 35 soon, we cant sign a 35 year old, that just flies in the face of the new direction, unless folk think he will improve and start creating goals every week. We need to move on.

I will be interested to see what does happen with Coops and Murphy making that call., hed be a decent sub for a young number 9 in theory, but the point about signing a 35 year old on posssibly the highest wage at the club doesnt fit what we are supposed to be doing