Reading v Forest Match Thread | Vital Football

Reading v Forest Match Thread

Taylor82

Vital Squad Member
article-0-0067189400000258-682_468x396.jpg

Reading away on Saturday. We also play them at the City Ground on the 22nd of January in a rearranged match that was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch earlier in the season. Luton at home sandwiched in between. Good opportunity to accumulate more vital points I reckon, but as usual, I'll take one game at a time. Reading are bang in form though and have won their last 4, beating the likes of Fulham, Preston, QPR and Derby. I hadn't realised they were going so well, to be honest. Reading have only conceded 2 in the last 6. After learning that, many would be reasonably content to come away from the Madejski Stadium with a point.

But we're in good form ourselves having won 3 games over the festive period and playing well against Chelsea in the cup with our second-string and kids. I'd like to see Alex Mighten, who came out of the visit to Stamford Bridge with a lot of plaudits, to earn a place on the bench. Same applies to Brennan Johnson. 17 and 18 respectively, the two youngsters did us proud. Reading have a Puscas and Pele in their squad, thank God we're not playing them in different era. Also have ex-Reds duo Gunter and McCleary on their books. Charlie Adam too, 34-years-old now but still a danger, in my opinion. The onus will be on Reading, but this Forest side are geared to counter-attack away from home. We have one of the best away records in the division.

Should be a tight game. For the history buffs, this will be the 47th meeting between the clubs, with Forest winning 20 and losing 16 of the previous 46. I'm going to put my head on the block and predict a 1-0 Forest win.

maxresdefault.jpg

Take over Pope if/when we lose. The performance at Chelsea was great. No harm in losing that.

Cracking thread chap! This is a tricky one and Swift always seems to score against us.

There is always one team that comes from bottom half of the table and break in to top six. This season, with a good finish to the new year, many fancy it is Reading. Many Reading fans still feel promotion is possible and the next three games for them is crucial. Two of those three will be against NFFC. They rested 9 of first team in FA cup, which may come back to bite them as they now have a replay to fit in. It does however mean, like us the first team is well rested. Think this could be tougher than many think but at least they won’t park the bus. They will attack us which could be to our advantage. Fancy a draw will be a point gained rather than two lost.

Should have played them at home when the game was rained off they were shit at that point.

Yes, when we were due to play them they were down near the bottom. Just won four league games on the trot, including beating Fulham at Craven Cottage.

2 teams on a good run of results, I'd take a point but we are always capable of stealing a win on the road. Bit surprised we've made no signings this week, Mighten may get a place on the bench we don't need the 3 defenders on it we've been having.

Time to heap more misery on the Royals. They've not had a good week with two strikers leaving for the US and Canada.

Mighten made the bench, no carvhallo at all. Lolley on the bench Ribero starting as well as chema, possibly another changed formation or Ribbero on the wing.

yeahh, points to Carvs leaving, prob for undisclosed fee
Chelsea performance wasnt great, we saved face 2nd half ;)

Last edited:
6 outright defenders in the team.

No idea what the formation is unless Ribiero is playing on the wing.

Lolley dropped for a left back who has barely played and is still adjusting to the new arsehole he was torn last week?