Reading Saturday pre season friendly | Vital Football

Reading Saturday pre season friendly

Crowds to be allowed at 7th tier and they start before us. I suppose that is some sort of dry run but they could be surprised by larger than average attendances unless they put something in place to avoid that scenario.

After the deserved criticism a welcome announcement from the club concerning free streaming of the Reading friendly. It's not difficult.

The free screening is welcomed, but is being provided by Reading. Wonder if we will do the same for games at Priestfield?

I was born in 66, in black and white at Wembley...
But don't worry about seeing me on Saturday, I have since been colourised 😊
I was about 5 months off coming into this world when we won the World Cup in 66. I suspect my mother was smoking a Craven A and sipping a gin when extra time was being played.

The government needs to come up with a sensible supporter scheme where people start by attending bottom tier football matches under close supervision. Assessment at the end of the game 50 percent by conduct, 40 percent by answering a set of skill-testing questions (multiple choice and short essay), and 10 percent completely down to the whim of the examiners. If you pass, your next game's at the next level. We'd need an algorithm in case the examinations had to be abandoned or became overloaded, and an appeals board. Pretty simple when you think about it, and hard to imagine what could go wrong.

Given that the covid virus was spread around the world by international travel, it does seem weird that you are allowed to trot off to Rome or Athens, mixing with who knows, but not allowed to travel a few miles to watch a socially distanced football match.
The virus was bought into this country from abroad yet they will still let someone go on holiday and possibly bring it back.
Doesn’t really make sense, does it?

The government needs to come up with a sensible supporter scheme where people start by attending bottom tier football matches under close supervision. Assessment at the end of the game 50 percent by conduct, 40 percent by answering a set of skill-testing questions (multiple choice and short essay), and 10 percent completely down to the whim of the examiners. If you pass, your next game's at the next level. We'd need an algorithm in case the examinations had to be abandoned or became overloaded, and an appeals board. Pretty simple when you think about it, and hard to imagine what could go wrong.
I heard that that is actually what they are doing. Only, the algorithm is based on the same logic as the education department's, and anyone from a shit area is not allowed in. Thats why no gills fans are allowed in yet 😉

Certainly no one from Shittingbourne, anyway.

Agreed, didn't really make myself clear. I am surprised the government haven't allowed clubs to try out their "supporter safety plans" with a few preseason games that will have a low demand for tickets anyway.

The problem is if the government did allow fans in then the "everytime you don't wear a mask then you are guilty of murdering someone's granny" brigade would complain.

Would any pre-season friendly have low demand? I suspect a match between sides of the size of Reading and Gillingham would have considerably more interest due to lack of prior football than a usual pre-season.

Or rather than by a fancy algorithm, some examiner will look at everyone's submitted coursework in the form of prior posts on here in the past 12 months and will then come up with a grade based upon their judgement of who is most knowledgeable. Anyone identifying as female or black gets bonus grades in the name of diversifying the supporter Base.