Reading referee suspended | Vital Football

Reading referee suspended

NorthernSoul

Vital Reserves Team
Apparently the referee has been suspended, after it was confirmed all 3 of Readings goals shouldn't have stood.

What good does that do us though? We won't get our 3 points back and a 6 point advantage, instead of being behind Reading. Sooner VAR is brought in the better.

A joke that other clubs won't have to endure that idiot for a few weeks, but we won't get anything apart from a written letter of apology from the head of referees.

Can't really find much fault with their goals, if I am being honest. Clutching at straws.

Can't really find much fault with their goals, if I am being honest. Clutching at straws.
1,Reece James penalised for the free kick, incorrectly
2,Drop ball taken off Morsy's foot when ref agreed for ball to be played to their goalie, incorrect
3,The scorer using Olson as a ladder, again incorrect decision!
That's all 3 goals caused by referees incompetence thus leading to him being removed! Too late for us though!!

???
Surely no-one is clutching at anything...... it's just a very irritating point that if the FA (or whoever oversees the appointment of officials) have seen fit to suspend the bloke for cocking up - wasn't a free kick, balls up of a drop ball, clear foul on Olsen - we get no benefit whatsoever.

And I forgot to add that he booked Robinson for a perfect sliding tackle, with the lineman giving a throw in and shaking his head in disbelief when the card was waved!
Reading fans also thought he was useless and he helped them win!!

The referee was really bad he let so much rough play go but then blew for none fouls.

The first was never a free kick in the memory of man. James barged players off the ball numerous times legally and that one was the least foul of any of them. Also Swift deliberately moved the ball back a few yards to give him a better chance to get it up over the wall - I'm certain you're not allowed to do that for a direct free kick - the ref saw it but allowed it. But Byrne also should've cleared the ball first time under pressure rather than delaying and getting caught in posession that lead to James trying to recover the ball.

The drop ball i think is harder to call as it's a drop ball you dont have to agree to play it back to the keeper it can be contested. After ref drops it Morsy touches it and it's in play - he is trying to time waste a few seconds and they arent having it and get on with it. I don't know how much we can moan at that. It was arguably unsportsmanlike but they believed James faked a head injury to stop their dangerous break - I've not seen it back but they felt they were retaliating to our gamesmanship. If it was the other way round under the circumstance I'd want our players To take the initiative and not let any more time wasting and get the ball back in play as in theory the drop ball from where they took it was an inferior position from the break they had as the ref stopped them. I was more upset with our mishandling of the situation - we had James off the pitch and the Garner, Morsy and Clarke all around the drop ball when we had a massive gap behind them - it only needed one to kick it back to them and the other 2 fill that gap in preparation for the ball coming back at us. I think ref was iffy but that is more on us being stupid.

The third I've watched the replay back and Olsson is trying to grab one of theirs with both arms do it's hard to say they fouled us only think it was six of one half a dozen of another. But there were Reading players free as the ball came in and the marking was awful. Indefensible when so much is at stake to be so disorganised. Also did Robinson even need to give the corner in the first place?

We have ourselves to blame for each goal but ref did screw us on the first. The other two i think are more on us than him.

Paul Cook now saying he has been officially informed that all three goals were erroneously given! Fat lot of good that does us!!

1,Reece James penalised for the free kick, incorrectly
2,Drop ball taken off Morsy's foot when ref agreed for ball to be played to their goalie, incorrect
3,The scorer using Olson as a ladder, again incorrect decision!
That's all 3 goals caused by referees incompetence thus leading to him being removed! Too late for us though!!
Shit decisions but no worse than the substitutions.

Apparently the referee has been suspended, after it was confirmed all 3 of Readings goals shouldn't have stood.

What good does that do us though? We won't get our 3 points back and a 6 point advantage, instead of being behind Reading. Sooner VAR is brought in the better.

A joke that other clubs won't have to endure that idiot for a few weeks, but we won't get anything apart from a written letter of apology from the head of referees.
Please advise where you get your info from.

This shows why we need VAR, the FA have deemed the refs mistakes have changed the course of an important game and as a result maybe saved / relegated a club come the end of the season. The ref missing a week of games doesn't balanace out in anyway the injustice or the cost to a club and luck certainly doesn't balance out like people say.

There is too much at stake with promotion and relegation and the money involved and peoples livlihoods for refs to get it so wrong.