Reading (a): Post-Match Interviews | Vital Football

Reading (a): Post-Match Interviews

So definitely not a penalty then. What’s all the fuss about?

The referee explained to the Reading players that it did hit Moylan’s hand, but he was protecting his face.

I’ve seen the incident from 3 different angles and I have no idea if it hits his hand, arm or face.

Either way, no one can blame the referee for not giving a penalty there. Even some of the Reading fans are now saying that it wasn’t as clear-cut as they first thought.

The referee explained to the Reading players that it did hit Moylan’s hand, but he was protecting his face.

I’ve seen the incident from 3 different angles and I have no idea if it hits his hand, arm or face.

Either way, no one can blame the referee for not giving a penalty there. Even some of the Reading fans are now saying that it wasn’t as clear-cut as they first thought.
Clearly not a penalty. They would be furious if it was given against them.

Didn't think it was a penalty in the stadium at the time and the referees explanation as to how he saw it is uncommonly common sense from an official.
Sad thing is that if we had VAR I suspect it would have been given as the handball rule as applied in slow motion seems different!!

Remarkable that the video for their goal didn't capture our player being shoved to the floor before the corner came over.

Remarkable that the video for their goal didn't capture our player being shoved to the floor before the corner came over.
That was Ethan. I do wonder if he had ‘banked’ some ref’s views against him as he had gone down a few times then sprang up as if nothing was wrong, not to mention his constant winding up of opposition players and being in the ref’s ear all the time. I absolutely love Ethan and he is a class player, but I do think he can be his own worst enemy at times. If he could cut some of that out and put all his energy into the game he would be an even better player (unless of course that’s what really motivates him to achieve his consistently high levels of competitiveness which some players use 🤔)