Rating our start to the season | Vital Football

Rating our start to the season

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Champions League
Thought it'd be good to start a new thread to try and talk about something more positive and get back to talking about the team.

It's only a handful of games but so far but for a bit of fun:

1. How would you rate our start to the season?

2. Who do you think has been our best player?

3. What positions do you think we need before the window shuts?

4. Based on what you've seen so far what are your hopes / expectations for the rest of the season?

1. 7.5/10.

2. Kerr.

3. 4th CB, a GK if Amos is out for a lengthy period and another wide player wouldn't go amiss. Can never have too many goalscorers either even though we've got a few strikers on the books already.

4. Survival is the only aim. Anything at or above 21st would be a bonus. I think the team is capable of more than that but it's important to be grounded for the time being.

1 I agree 7.5/10

2 I can't choose between Tom Naylor and Max Power

3 Definitely another left sided centre back, a goalkeeper, an attacking midfielder and a right sided winger.

4 What happens in the rest of the window could affect things, but 14/15th should be within our reach

1. 7/10
2. Naylor
3. Left sided centre back, midfield playmaker. GK if Amos out for few weeks
4. Hope to finish upper bottom half, but anywhere above bottom three without it going to last game or so would be the aim

1. 8/10
2. Naylor (quietly doing his job)
3. Creative midfielder and left sided winger
4. 18th - think I had enough of "survival" games to last me a lifetime.

A question - how many of our players who have featured (league games only) so far this season have never played in the Championship before?

1. 7.5
2. Whatmough
3. Attacking Midfielder / playmaker
4. Heart says 'playoffs'... Head says 18/19/20th

Team certainly showing a great togetherness, fighting spirit and teamwork long may it continue.

For me I'd go

1. 7.5

2, Whatmough (even though he missed a game)

3. Assuming no one goes to make a new gap 4 - ball playing central mid, left sided centre back, pacey winger, goal keeper

4. I think we are still going to be involved in the relegation battle, but we'll be competitive. The league is looking very open so it could be one of those years where the gap between top middle and bottom is quite close rather than teams separating into 'mini leagues' that are miles apart. I'm not sure if that is good or bad for us though.

1. 8/10
2. Naylor (quietly doing his job)
3. Creative midfielder and left sided winger
4. 18th - think I had enough of "survival" games to last me a lifetime.

A question - how many of our players who have featured (league games only) so far this season have never played in the Championship before?

Off the top of my head:

Whatmough, Tilt, Kerr, Lang, Assgaard, Wyke, Broadhead, Humphrys

Not sure if i may have missed one or two.

1. 7.5

2. Not sure, but genuinely think it’s been a good team effort so far.

3. Keeper (if Amos is long term crocked). Centre back. Creative midfielder/winger.

4. Hopes - we avoid a relegation battle. Expectations - we’ll be in a relegation battle.

I think the league will be particularly tight this season from what I’ve seen. No obvious stand out teams like Fulham and no obviously poor ones that will be relegation fodder. The ones that have come down from the prem seem to be in a rebuilding stage, though norwich are probably the most stable. I expect the other two will improve as season goes on. Of those that have come up I don’t think any will get cut adrift. I suspect the points differential between 22nd and 6th this season will be smaller than it’s ever been, unfortunately meaning the total needed to survive will be high.

Said after the first few games we have plenty of fight, effort, togetherness and in a relegation fight that’s massive. We needed to upgrade/refresh up front and with Broadhead and Fletcher we seem to have done so. With Charlies return it feels like we’ve made three new signings in that area of the pitch. So we’ve a fighting chance and hopefully we can maintain a decent league position outside the zone so panic doesn’t set in.

1. 8 - because we have proved the pundits wrong so far and battled against some odd decisions and cheats

2. Max has been a steadying influence and again people were saying he wouldn’t step up

3. Winger, creative midfielder. I am happy with our squad but we need back up for the season. I like the sound of the Egyptian winger - or is he Turkish?

4. We should be looking at mid table but I haven’t seen anything to be terrified of. If we are doing all right by January, who knows what Talal might decide to spend?

My wish is that our fans stop singing insulting songs about our players, who have given everything for the club🙏🏽

1: 8 exceeded my expectations so far.
2: Whatmough, been solid as a rock.
3: Creative midfielder in the Jordi Gomez mode.
4: With the right additions to the squad I think we'll finish top half but outside the play offs.
:cool: