Rate the ref v Tranmere (away) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Tranmere (away)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
Tomorrow night the experienced Andy Haines is in charge against the Birkenhead boys, for the write up by Jules please click here https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/ref-watch-tranmere-rovers-v-lincoln-city/ I hope if you manage to see the game live or the full game later you'll post your thoughts on here.

Stuart Atwell 8.59
Scott Duncan 7.78
Sebatian Stcokbidge 6.97
John Busby 6.47
Geoff Eltringham 6.43
Michael Salisbury 6.35
Carl Boyeson 5.81
Lee Swabey 5.78
Kevin Richardson 5.71
Matthew Donohue 5.45
Dean Whitestone 4.63

I thought he did ok, added plenty of time on, don't think the challenge on Andrade warranted a penalty, we looked flat footed for the goal so possibly not offside

6/10

3 very poor. 20 odd fouls in the first half yet no booking until circa 40 mins and then only because he played an advantage so was trying to buy assessor marks. Clear pen for McNulty handlball missed. Incredibly poor Lino up our end didn’t help

Did ok, if fact quite good first half. Better than some we have had this season. Five minutes added time.
6/10

Don't know what game you 2 were watching, we had 2 penalties refused, and fouls allowed to go unchallenged by this referee Norwood should have walked much sooner than he did yellows not given for carrying/throwing the ball away. Like to know where he comes as an interest, my mark 2

We lose so automatically the referee is bad - see Matthew Donohue rating.

He tried to let the game flow. Tranmere fans thought he was terrible as in their view he was giving us unwarranted free kicks.

How quickly times change. When it was us strong-arming other teams, kicking the ball away (even over by the bench), disrupting the other side's rhythm it was fine - and the ref who allowed it was a fine fellow. Now it's bad.

I didn't spot the handball on the TV feed and as far as I remember only Shackell complained, so on that basis neither did anyone else on our team.

6.5/10

Don't know what game you 2 were watching, we had 2 penalties refused, and fouls allowed to go unchallenged by this referee Norwood should have walked much sooner than he did yellows not given for carrying/throwing the ball away. Like to know where he comes as an interest, my mark 2
Thank you. I was beginning to think I’d had the turd rimmed spectacles on cos we lost! No the ref was p poor

We lose so automatically the referee is bad - see Matthew Donohue rating.

He tried to let the game flow. Tranmere fans thought he was terrible as in their view he was giving us unwarranted free kicks.

How quickly times change. When it was us strong-arming other teams, kicking the ball away (even over by the bench), disrupting the other side's rhythm it was fine - and the ref who allowed it was a fine fellow. Now it's bad.

I didn't spot the handball on the TV feed and as far as I remember only Shackell complained, so on that basis neither did anyone else on our team.

6.5/10
Mate, this guy was poor, the chap on Saturday worse and my marks reflect that - oh and we won on Saturday. The handball was absolutely crystal clear, we aren’t talking a ricochet at speed or unlucky deflection, McNulty jumped, his hand came above his head, very unnaturally, Shacks header hit said hand. Penalty. Erm no, two officials concerned incredibly didn’t see it.

Mate, this guy was poor, the chap on Saturday worse and my marks reflect that - oh and we won on Saturday. The handball was absolutely crystal clear, we aren’t talking a ricochet at speed or unlucky deflection, McNulty jumped, his hand came above his head, very unnaturally, Shacks header hit said hand. Penalty. Erm no, two officials concerned incredibly didn’t see it.

Yep, I realise that you and GBL were there and saw it clearly, but I'm saying that I was watching on the live feed and didn't notice it. Neither of the radio commentators saw it, and to the best of my knowledge only Shackell, who was closest, appealed. So that indicates none of our other players spotted it either.

I don't see why it should be such a surprise that the ref and the assistant both missed it in that case.

A bit like the Waterfall handball in the Checkatrade final which nobody except the Shrewsbury player closest to the ball saw until the replay.

Woodis is spot on with this, ref was poor and so was the lino at our end. Let Tranmere get away with ahem 'robust' and fretquently late challenges only got the yellow out first half cos the far lino told him to. Yes trannies also got wound up with him which is the sign of a weak and frustrating ref.

Didn't get a grip of their consistent fouling, missed a blatant hand ball for a penalty. Therefore had a significant effect on the outcome of the game. 3/10.

Watched on i follow for the first time so limited view of the match but agree with the comments re. lack of yellow cards for persistent fouling. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many infringements. Didn’t see the handball incident so unable to comment
4/10