Rate the ref v Swindon (away) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Swindon (away)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
Ok so Saturday sees the return of Ben Toner.....here's eds take on things https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/swindon-town-v-lincoln-city-prepare-for-touchline-tantrums/ if like me you're going to witness the spectacle please feel free to comment

John Brooks 9.00
Stuart Atwell 8.59
Scott Duncan 7.78
Dean Whitestone 7.66
Gavin Ward 7.55
Graham Salisbury 7.21
Anthony Backhouse 6.98
Sebatian Stockbidge (2) 6.96
Paul Marsden 6.50
John Busby 6.47
Geoff Eltringham 6.43
Michael Salisbury 6.35
Thomas Bramall 6.13
Martin Coy 6.08
Lee Swabey 5.78
Kevin Richardson 5.71
Matthew Donohue 5.45
David Coote 5.25
Carl Boyeson (2) 5.18
Neil Hair 4.78
Dean Whitestone 4.63
Peter Wright
Andy Haines 4.15
Ben Toner 4.0
Chris Sarginson 3.89
Brett Huxtable 2.61
Lee Collins 1.44

Given who it is and that he's started as bad as expected, i can already give my mark of 1/10.
Abysmal every time we have him

0 usual Bent Owner calamity. Loves a controversy does Bent. Nearly cancelled my ticket when I saw it was him in the middle - sadly lived up to expectation. Awful, ably assisted by a total muppet on our side.

Three big decisions today all went against us but upon removing of the fans goggles were they wrong??

Andrade kicked their player off the ball. Stupid and petulant. Violent conduct. Red Card given. Correct decision.

Freck got caught behind their attacker allowing him to advance into the box and clipped his heels. Penalty given. Correct decision.

Shackell red card. I don't know what he said to warrant a yellow card and some are suggesting that the ref didn't realise he was on a yellow when he gave the second one for what could only have been dissent as the ball wasn't in play but he knew he was on a yellow and in that situation it is simple. Keep your gob shut and you stay on the pitch.

Toner did lose control of the game though with even the most simple of decisions being often wrong such as which way a throw in went although he wasn't helped by either lino in that regard. Akinde had no protection either.

So having had regard for the fact that he got at least 2 out of 3 big decisions spot on ( in my opinion) I'll give him 5/10

Don’t get me started. Jules, Helen and I only calmed down a little while ago. My score from actually watching the match would be atrocious. I’m going to watch it on iFollow tomorrow as I know an unemotional view is best.

2/10 - only not the lowest because he got 2 of his big calls right (the red cards), just most small decisions were wrong. It also allows me to give the linesmen 1/10 (especially the one on our side of the pitch) as they were worse than him which was a real challenge.

7/10

A few free kick decisions debatable... seemed to get the big calls right though.

Andrade was annoyed that the idiot of a ref didn't give a foul, he shouldn't of done what he did but if the ref got the first decision right it wouldn't of come to that. Probably did get the penalty right but otherwise piss poor. 1/10 from me.

Now more detached from the intensity of the game. Cannot argue with the three main decisions, all were self inflicted and deservedly punished. He did seem to give most of the 50:50's in favour of the home side.
6/10

Andrade was annoyed that the idiot of a ref didn't give a foul, he shouldn't of done what he did but if the ref got the first decision right it wouldn't of come to that. Probably did get the penalty right but otherwise piss poor. 1/10 from me.

Indeed. Bruno was fouled with ref ignoring it, unlike every challenge and non challenge by us. Having now seen it on tv, Swindon player then trod on Bruno whilst he was still on the ground. Bruno then got up and did a retaliatory flick at their player. Ref only seemed to spot the final retaliation.

Hopefully Bruno will learn from his 3 match ban and come back a wiser player.
Will their player get his 3 match ban too?? Who knows.

I don't usually mark the referee even when I've actually been at the match as in this case rather than watching on iFollow but I'll give him 6.

Seemed to me he was right on the three major decisions - Andrade's sending off, the penalty and - assuming what Shackell said was worthy of a yellow card - the other sending off.