Rate the ref v Newport County (home) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Newport County (home)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
So Saturday sees Thomas Bramall at Sincil Bank for our fixture against Newport, as always please feel free to post your thoughts and ratings

Stuart Atwell 8.59
Scott Duncan 7.78
Dean Whitestone 7.66
Gavin Ward 7.55
Graham Salisbury 7.21
Anthony Backhouse 6.98
Sebatian Stockbidge (2) 6.96
Paul Marsden 6.50
John Busby 6.47
Geoff Eltringham 6.43
Michael Salisbury 6.35
Martin Coy 6.08
Carl Boyeson 5.81
Lee Swabey 5.78
Kevin Richardson 5.71
Matthew Donohue 5.45
David Coote 5.25
Neil Hair 4.78
Dean Whitestone 4.63
Andy Haines 4.15
Ben Toner 4.0
Brett Huxtable 2.61
Lee Collins 1.44

Was on the good side of lenient which was a positive during the 90 mins. Last 6 mins though he suddenly seemed to want to be the centre of attention. Having not given a foul for pushing all game he suddenly gave Newport a free kick for a complete non event and ignored a couple of clear fouls on Imps players keeping Newport in the game plus the DC sending off. Based on his first 90 mins he can have a 6.

I thought he was fine for the vast majority of the game. However, he seemed to lose the plot in the final stages. His linesman didn't help with an appalling throw in call in front of the Stacey West in injury time. Was this what triggered Danny's red card. 7/10

Was heading for higher but in the final ten he seemed to lose it a bit. Could have cost us.
6/10

5 from me. As some have said, we've had worse. DC has to take it on the chin, but I thought we were on the wrong end of most marginal calls and quite a few clear cut ones.

6/10

A little bit on the lenient side (should definitely have dished out a yellow for them in the first half when we were in a great position down their left-hand side), and a couple of other questionable decisions (as is nearly always the case at this level). Overall though, not overly fussy and allowed two competitive teams to do what they do well... compete.

A bit lenient for me too and a few dodgy decisions after a good start, overall not too bad even though I thought he was never going to blow up for full time
5.5/10

Thought he was largely anonymous which is often a good thing with a referee up until the injury time debacle with Danny which seemed to be a mountain out of the molehill.

Would have been a 7 up to the 94th minute but down to a 5 for missing a foul on Wharton then sending Danny off for being unhappy with that

Thought he was largely anonymous which is often a good thing with a referee up until the injury time debacle with Danny which seemed to be a mountain out of the molehill.

Would have been a 7 up to the 94th minute but down to a 5 for missing a foul on Wharton then sending Danny off for being unhappy with that

I didn’t really think it was a foul on Wharton.
Ref was decent, an average 6/10

6/10 - pretty average. Did ok but missed two or three challenges that should have been punished.