Rate the ref v Forest Green (away) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Forest Green (away)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
Tomorrow the imps hit the road to Nailsworth where we are greeted by Championship ref Andy Davies, lets hope he hasn't got a point to prove, for the eds take on him, click here https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...y-experienced-championship-referee-appointed/

Dean Whitestone 8.96
Stuart Atwell 8.59
Scott Duncan 7.78
Gavin Ward 7.55
Graham Salisbury 7.21
Anthony Backhouse 6.98
Sebatian Stockbidge (2) 6.96
Martin Coy (2) 6.54
Paul Marsden 6.50
John Busby 6.47
John Brooks (2) 6.45
Geoff Eltringham 6.43
Dean Whitestone 6.15
Thomas Bramall 6.13
Lee Swabey 5.78
Kevin Richardson 5.71
Matthew Donohue 5.45
David Coote 5.25
Carl Boyeson (2) 5.18
Mike Dean 5.01
Neil Hair 4.78
Peter Wright 4.23
Michael Salisbury (2) 4.17
Andy Haines 4.15
Chris Sarginson 3.89
Ben Toner (2) 3.67
Brett Huxtable 2.61
Anthony Coggins 1.91
Lee Collins 1.44

I’ll give a mark once I see the highlights, from my side on angle I thought Bruno was taken by the last man so a red. He was woefully stupid at the pen, the delay for the injury was designed to put pressure on JA, it wasn’t a head injury so the player could be sorted after the pen. If the missed then stop the game. Harry was barged over in the back just before

I'll give him 6.5
He was largely anonymous and was inclined to have a quiet word with players rather than make a big thing out of it which is no bad thing.
He was however whistle happy on all our corners and the farce that ensued after our penalty was awarded was almost Pythonesque and should not have been permitted. Fortunately their gamesmanship had no affect

Thought he was good, certainly not whistle or card happy, didn't notice him much. Allowed hard tackles so long as they appeared fair, wasn't fooled by players falling over too easily. Did allow an inordinate time before Akinde was allowed to take the penalty though.
7/10

I thought he had a decent game, the penalty was firstly delayed by Andrade, you can hardly make there team wait after checking on our player? I was impressed by his apathy when players went to ground unnecessarily. He was always in charge and controlled the game well

I’ll give a mark once I see the highlights, from my side on angle I thought Bruno was taken by the last man so a red. He was woefully stupid at the pen, the delay for the injury was designed to put pressure on JA, it wasn’t a head injury so the player could be sorted after the pen. If the missed then stop the game. Harry was barged over in the back just before
6 another player in close proximity. We should have had a pen just before. Bizarre one sided decisions from corners. 0 for the asst nearest us, he was absolutely effing useless

I thought he had a decent game, the penalty was firstly delayed by Andrade, you can hardly make there team wait after checking on our player? I was impressed by his apathy when players went to ground unnecessarily. He was always in charge and controlled the game well

What happened to the 9? He's lost.0.5 since we spoke!

Pretty good performance today, I thought. Missed a proper penalty appeal on Harry Anderson.

7/10

6 another player in close proximity. We should have had a pen just before. Bizarre one sided decisions from corners. 0 for the asst nearest us, he was absolutely effing useless

First half missed 2 offsides, not level.

Definitely not card happy but was a bit inconsistent on what was classed as a foul. Seemed to pay more attention to our tactics than FGR. Wasn't helped by the assistants especially the one our side who was awful. Did give us the penalty but missed one. 6

Let the game flow. Wasn’t trigger happy with the cards. Not too inconsistent. Didn’t want the limelight. Got the penalty decisions right. Improvement on most we’ve had. 8.

7 - I felt a lot of small decisions went against us but I’ll have to trust his judgement on them. Could have had 2 more penalties though. Lack of cards but with control is good to see.

Both sides were on the receiving end of little pushes and infringements here and there, but the game never descended into a ruck.

Shackell maybe got away with a stamp early on.

We had a decent pen shout turned down.

Time wasting before the pen was a disgrace.

I predicted more than 5 mins of time added on, and the ref stuck to the 5.

On balance, the ref was fair in a well fought game. 7

First half missed 2 offsides, not level.
2nd half - pen on Harry, his corner of the box, not given. .JA tackled near the touch line for a corner, gives a goal kick. Their player scuffs the pen spot up right in front of him and seemingly does nothing. He was incredibly poor

A 6 from me, although he let the game flow, even he couldn't not give that pen when Bruno was felled.

2nd half - pen on Harry, his corner of the box, not given. .JA tackled near the touch line for a corner, gives a goal kick. Their player scuffs the pen spot up right in front of him and seemingly does nothing. He was incredibly poor

I was far from convinced with Harrys penalty shout, in fairness to the ref he ignored several shouts from the FGR players when they went to ground theatrically. Paul, another ref stood next reckoned it was a bit hopeful, he normally moans at me because he reckons I'm biased against Lincoln!

Refs can't always be faultless, he was pretty fair all round, we've had alot worse, one of the better ones for me 9.