Rate the ref v Burton Albion (home) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Burton Albion (home)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
The wait is over, we won't be dragged out shopping this saturday.......it's a football day again! Scott Oldham is the man in the middle against Burton Albion, the ed has put all the lowdown here https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/shouldve-gone-to-specsavers-lincoln-city-v-burton-albion/

Neil Hair (W) 8.68
James Linnington (D) 8.50
Tony Harrington (W) 8.23
Ollie Yates (W) (L) 8.08
Joshua Smith (L) 7.81
Darren Bond (L) 7.68
Anthony Backhouse (L) 7.55
Michael Salisbury (L) 7.30
Andy Haines (W) 7.21
Lee Doughty (L) 7.11
Marc Edwards (L) 6.79
Kevin Johnson (D) 6.75
Craig Breakspear (L) 6.30
Andy Baines (L) 6.17
Ross Joyce (D) 5.94
James Oldham (L) (W) 5.62
Darren Handley (L) 5.43
Ben Toner (L) (W) 5.32
Brett Huxtable (W) 5.32
Lee Swabey (W) (L) 5.29
Chris Pollard (L) (L) 4.89
Stephen Martin (L) 4.48
Tom Neild (L) 4.20
Chris Sarginson (L) (W) 4.20
Martin Coy (L) 3.71
Craig Hicks (L) 3.28
Andy Haines (D) 2.61
Carl Boyeson (L) (W) 1.91
John Busby (D) 1.76

Not an easy game to ref, the passing was poor so was never going to flow, he wasn't afraid to stop the game to shut players up and it worked in main. Despite the chants he was right to yellow Bozzie for attempting to pull the player when they nearly scored, he also played a decent advantage.

6/10

Some would have given handball in the build up to our second goal, but generally fair to both sides, got the bookings right and compared to some we have had recently a decent performance. 6.5 / 10

I'm going 5.5. Bit strange that he gave so many free kicks and chats in the first half but no cards. Pretty sure he didnt book Sheehan for his slam dunk practice either, maybe I'm wrong on that, I should be! But to be fair overall was decent enough.

7/10 for me. Can't think of any real major WTF moments which made a nice change from our most recent matches so that puts him above the par score in my book

Compared to the recent dross we have had, he was pretty fair to both sides and his little 'chats' had the desired effect.

6.5 from me.

6 - Nice to see a ref who doesn't flash cards all over the place but another day could have booked Sheehan and should have given us a free kick and cautioned the Burton player who clattered into Grant during the second half

7/10 - fairly easy going but in control most of the time. Sheehan a bit lucky not go for the handball?

Despite the BA players continually harassing him did a very good job, and the way Clough and his assistant calling the the ref and his 4th official both should have had yellow card, he was worse than Evans last game, a good 3 points well deserved, now Hopper and Scully can go on, both played very well, and the team is really starting to gell. I think we can still finish in decent position. They are playing better football now, a much better understanding now bwtween players.

come on boys

Way better than most. Played a good advantage and kept the game open and exiting. Right to book Bossie when he pulled their guy back, otherwise was sensibly lenient. 8/10