Rate the Ref: Home to Port Vale 11.11.2023 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref: Home to Port Vale 11.11.2023

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Craig Hicks was the man in yellow today. How do you think he did
Comments and votes out of 10 please.
If you need to wait and see if any clarification of O'Connor's red card being right or not from some TV repeats, not a problem

5/10 seemed to have an unusual understanding of the advantage rule and in the second half half the same could be said about fouls and handballs.

Stated off ok in the first half. What happened to his decision making in latter part of the game I don’t know, 5

A definite 5/10, got the big calls right IMHO but certainly made some curious decisions in the second half especially.
Still not quite sure why people get so agitated about time wasting, they're pretty good at adding it on now over 10 minutes in the end yesterday.

Last edited:
Thought he was really good first half. Decisions became more baffling second. Cards were sensible, Paudie decision came from 4th official.
An average 6 for me. We have had far worse.

Controversially I thought he was fine. Saw some people moaning about the challenge on Vale but I thought from my view he looked a bit lightweight/went down easy. The time wasting is annoying but he added the time on and he can't just fireman's carry the keeper off or someone with a head injury can he?

Got the Port Vale red right and even if the O'Connor one wasn't a red (from reactions I figure it probably was but didn't see it) the 4th official gave him the detail/recommended the decision not him.

There were some minor things - like I thought one or two fouls maybe one on Duffy second half but it wouldn't surprise me if seeing them again he was maybe right.

7/10.