Rate the Ref: Home to Northampton 29.12.2023 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref: Home to Northampton 29.12.2023

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Matthew Corlett was the man in yellow tonight
How do you think he did
Comments and votes out of 10 please

very poor. Allowed them to time waste immediately after taking the lead and did nothing to try and stop it until finally showing a card in 89th minute. I can’t really comment on the red card however it took him a while to award the free kick and then some time before producing the red card. Should have sent at least one Northampton player off when in final minutes pulled back Roughan (mandatory caution and then immediately kicked the ball out of play (2nd caution) 3 out of 10

Don’t think he made a mistake until Simpson cleaned out Eyoma after we scored. Don’t think he got anything right afterwards.

4. Started ok but as the intensity of the game hotted up he lost his composure and seemed to lose control and resorted to waving cards as his only course of action.

Disgusting 2 ,he's not the only one promoted from Conference.
I think the 2 referees that have impressed me were Andy Madley, and Sam Alison, who Like AM we may also now loose the Prem , there have been 1-2 decent ones but you have to look hard for them. It was not a red card,we sit in Selenity black behind opponents dug out. Simpson the player involved with O'Connor, stood on the line was looking at us when called a cheat and was laughing at us.

Poor display from him. Not up to the standard required in league I. His performance though did not effect the result. 4

Disgusting 2 ,he's not the only one promoted from Conference.
I think the 2 referees that have impressed me were Andy Madley, and Sam Alison, who Like AM we may also now loose the Prem , there have been 1-2 decent ones but you have to look hard for them. It was not a red card,we sit in Selenity black behind opponents dug out. Simpson the player involved with O'Connor, stood on the line was looking at us when called a cheat and was laughing at us.
We had Bobby Madeley not Andy who is his brother and referees in the Premier League every week. Agree Sam Alison was good. Those 2 plus the Asian guy, son of Jemal Singh, have been our best refs so far