Rate the Ref : Home to Manchester City U21's 17.11.2020 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Home to Manchester City U21's 17.11.2020

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Carl Boyeson was the self appointed centre of attention tonight. How do you think he did. Ratings out of 10 and comments please

He dished out five yellow cards against us tonight. In my opinion only one was warranted. So 6 from me.

I don't know why he gets employed for a role he is physically and temperamentally unsuited for. 2.

Too whistle happy
Really not a difficult match to ref and we ended up with 5 yellows. 4 pretty soft ones.
To be fair though, not a penalty when McGrandles went down on the camera side of the pitch. The other challenge looked more like one, but the linesman was in a better position and didn't flag and he did seem to look straight at him waiting for a flag.
Some really slow decisions throughout
4/10 for me

Carl Boyeson3 was his usual officious self. Why does he always have to be so noticeable? Four very soft yellow cards and a possible penalty missed (the second one).

Carl Boyeson - 3.

1/10 gave us 5 yellows 1 of which was justified, similar challenges by the u21 side and not even a word. City player injured made him leave the pitch we were down to 10 for what seemed like 5 minutes, u21 player injured he called on the physio. Refs need to remember we don't pay to watch them.

If Man City kids want to mix it in the real world Boyeson then they've got to roll with it and don't need the cotton wool you were providing them with. Soft, soft, yellow cards - 3

3 - hasn’t improved since we saw him previously. Still finicky and stopping the game unnecessarily plus unnecessary yellow cards.

A small bump for this one with Saturday looming. I'll tally it up tomorrow morning if anyone has anything further to add

4, he’s unfit and overweight but I actually thought all the bookings although a little harsh weren’t outrageously bad decisions.