Rate the Ref: Home to Leyton Orient 29.3.2024

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Carl Brook was the man in yellow today
How do you think he did
Comments and votes out of 10 please

FINAL AVERAGE 4.6

Last edited:
For most of the match I thought Omar Beckles was the referee. So I will give Carl Brook 1 point for being invisible.

3. Added practically no time for their repeated time wasting in the first half but then added 600 minutes at the end of the second when we wanted the game to end. Inexplicably didn't give a foul on Jovon late on but fortunately it helped us out as he battled on to win the ball back and score.

5 - Allowed Leyton Orient to time waste without penalty but made sure we took our throw ins from the exact spot. Got the bookings about right and had a little bit better understanding of the advantage rule than the last ref.

5 - Allowed Leyton Orient to time waste without penalty but made sure we took our throw ins from the exact spot. Got the bookings about right and had a little bit better understanding of the advantage rule than the last ref.
To be fair, I think the throw position was just about the only thing he was consistent with.
Generally pretty poor all round. 4

Tried to let the game flow most of the time, a bit pedantic at other times when he did blow up. Wasn't impressed by him, but no massive howlers so a standard 6.

One thing that struck me was how poor his fitness seemed to be, that affected his positioning and ability to make correct decisions. 3.

It was a bit about him at times, why did allow the other lot to constantly jabber in his ear ? Tried to be poor but occasionally rose above it, 4.

9 - tbh didn’t impact the game. Was fairly even between the 2 teams. Beckles should have been booked for throwing Draper down. Was right to add on the extra time in the 2nd half.

(Maybe this score just shows how broken I am from league 1 refs though)

No you give 9 to the likes of Madley and Allison.My score is 2, and 1 of those is for allowing our goal.

I don't think there was anything too wrong during the game. Probably could have clamped down on how long they were taking over restarts for the full 90 minutes but little in the way of proper decisions to make.

Hackett's booking was correct and he used common sense to just have a word with House and Beckles. I thought he should have booked one of their players in both halves for pulling Moylan back as he broke forward.

Had a bit of a brain fart moment with injury time though. In the first half there was a good two minutes of House/Beckles and Mandroiu down twice. He seemed to double the amount of injury time in the second!

In the general scheme of things he isn't a great ref, but......

Unlike the previous week where we had a penalty wrongly awarded, a very soft sending off and an him then feeling it necessary to report our CEO for essentially being a bit rude to him....

Fridays match wasn't all about the ref.

I thought he was going to play on until Orient scored at the end of the second half but he did give them more yellow cards than us and didn't fall for their dodgy falls in our box. He's lost half a point for the way he pulled us up for some fouls but let one of their players rough-house Ben House and Jovon (and what a thing of beauty Jovon's goal was) 6.5