Rate the Ref: Home to Fleetwood 10.2.2024 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref: Home to Fleetwood 10.2.2024

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Daniel Middleton was the man (literally) in the middle today.
How do you think he did
Comments and votes out of 10 please.

FINAL AVERAGE SCORE 6

Last edited:
6. Thought for 40+ minutes he was having a very steady game, including some advantages played but the fiasco around the red card loses him 1 or more points. Fortunately, there was then an enforced cooling off period at half time. Perhaps should have protected Ted Bishop better by showing other cards and there were a few out of control lunges/tackles from both sides.

7. I did like the way he took his time to make the decisions. I think he got most things right and didn't fall for Stockleys antics throughout the game. The second booking came on the advice of the assistant so I wouldn't blame him for that if, it was a mistake. I say that because the assistant may well have seen something that was missed by others.

7 Did pretty well in what was a physical game. Kept it flowing apart from during the incident. For the brawl, yellows for Stockley and House better than reds. Lino responsible for Erhahon’s and their 5’s cards/sending off. Paudie deserved his yellow.

4 . Was having a good game until the melee incident and would have scored him a lot higher.
But a ref cannot be forgiven for forgetting he had booked a player already that's a monumental error. It was the Imps players who reminded him then he realised his mistake.

Not helped by the antics of Stockley and the confusion he created, maybe by intent, but did well overall, and amazingly ! helped out by the lino on the GBM side sorting it out . Handled a difficult situation well .He may have got the sending off wrong but it makes up for Mitchell last week which was harsh.

Last edited:
8. Did okay for me. let the game flow and yes the second yellow incident was a bit of a strange one and might get looked at as it was their 20 I think who squared up to Ethan. That said, the actual House and Stockley incident was handled well. . it happened right in front of me with House almost throttling Stockley and I feared the worst but the ref used common sense and gave both a booking.

Got to be objective and take the Lincoln specs off for the sending off. Would have been a 7 but the melee was a big decision that effects game outcomes, so automatically has to drop to a 4.

3 Gave no protection to Teddy who was kicked from pillar to post without any bookings. The fact the clown got the sending off mixed up says it all.

Tried to keep the game flowing when possible. Aa fa as the brawl was concerned IMO he was correct in booking both House and Stockley and only booked Erhahon and Lawal after talking to the assistant ref. He then had a mad 15 minutes after not realising he had already booked Lawal. He missed some fouls on Bishop but then improved after that.

Tried to keep the game flowing when possible. Aa fa as the brawl was concerned IMO he was correct in booking both House and Stockley and only booked Erhahon and Lawal after talking to the assistant ref. He then had a mad 15 minutes after not realising he had already booked Lawal. He missed some fouls on Bishop but then improved after that.
My rating was 6 btw