Rate the Ref: Home to Derby 20 Jan 2024 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref: Home to Derby 20 Jan 2024

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Ollie Yates was the man in yellow today
How do you think he did
Comments and votes out of 10 please

7/10. I actually thought he did quite well for such a pacey flowing game. Made a few minor mistakes but nothing that spoiled the game. He let it flow and on the two key decisions (the tackle on Erhahon and the ‘penalty’ for Draper) I think he got them right on balance. Think the yellow cards were about right too.

i thought he was weak and thought that before the game when he was the only one warming up in gloves and pulling his sleeves over his hands. Derby should have recieved more cautions than they actually received. 6/10

First half 8 out of ten.

2nd half he seemed to flip and turn into a right prat So 4 out of ten for second half

Overall 6 based on his game of two halves.

3.5/10 for me. Missed a couple of clear bookings for them in the first half when we would have progressed in to a strong attacking position. One foul was from behind, clear yellow.

Think we should have had the penalty or a red for them (even Warne agreed they got away with both possibly) so to get neither was poor.

Seemed to give soft free kicks often to Derby and not consistent to us.

A very good first half in my opinion was tarnished somewhat during the second period.As the game developed a guy sat near me commented that any one incident will determine the outcome.He was correct .The ref however failed to act on them .Shame that 5 for me

Good first half, then seem to lose it a bit second, not sure about the potential pen but think he was in a good position to see.

7/10 decent overall, but missed a clear yellow on Cashin when Freddie spun him. I actually think he got the pen non-award correct although a harsh booking for Fred …. needed VAR for this one. I don’t think it was a red for Wilson either if I’m honest.

7/10 decent overall, but missed a clear yellow on Cashin when Freddie spun him. I actually think he got the pen non-award correct although a harsh booking for Fred …. needed VAR for this one. I don’t think it was a red for Wilson either if I’m honest.
Thank the Lord we don't have VAR.Derby will be relieved too.They would have gone down to ten men and conceded a penalty

6.5 He was ok.
Thought it was quite a difficult game to ref, once he allowed a fair amount of contact. Missed an early booking but the two big decisions, red card and possible pen both went Derby’s way. In the moment, and without VAR, it’s difficult say what was right.