Rate the Ref : Home to Crewe 06.03.2021 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Home to Crewe 06.03.2021

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
John Busby was the man in the middle today. How do you think he did. Votes out of 10 and comments please

Personally I thought he was fine and largely anonymous, but he had a very odd moment about half way through the first half when he held play up to talk to a Crewe player for no apparent nor obvious reason. He also let a few fouls go when there was no advantage there

9 Very good game. It was an easier game to referee as both sides seemed more interested in playing football rather than feign fouls and injuries.

He did pretty well, let a lot go and did occasionally pull up for soft ones but no complaints
8/10

8 - couple of soft fouls but did well! Johnson lucky not to be booked for kicking ball away. Not sure why he did that.

7. Missed a couple of obvious ones especially when Rogers taken off the ball in front of the dugout, should have bought play back. Reasonable otherwise

I wouldn’t want him reffing a difficult game. Seemed to give them a lot of soft free kicks but gave us very little. Why did he not book Murphy for the missed hack on Johnson. A generous 5 from me.

Easy game to ref even for a poor one like Busby. A few odd, fussy moments, an occasional vague awareness of what was a foul.

7. Let one or two fouls go unpunished but overall kept the game going and the cards were justified. Definitely an odd moment speaking to the Crewe defender. What was that about?