Rate the Ref: Home to Cambridge 12.3.2024

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Scott Oldham was he with the whistle this evening
How do you think he did
Comments and votes out of 10 please

FINAL AVERAGE 7.19

Last edited:
6/10 - strange game. He seemed intent to let play proceed quite often but his reading of fouls (I found) quite inconsistent. Some soft ones he gave but obvious ones he didn’t. Did well with his cards.

6 - was generally fine, tried to let the game flow. I think Sorensen did foul for the first goal though which set the result.

I like Scott Oldham.

He might let the odd "real" foul go...

...but there is soon very few people falling over, for no reason when he refs.

I like Scott Oldham.

He might let the odd "real" foul go...

...but there is soon very few people falling over, for no reason when he refs.

Yep agree absolutely this. Scott Oldham is becoming known for not giving soft fouls for players acting like a diva when they are tackled so teams should know what to expect. He was typically ok last night and let the game flow by not being whistle happy.
A solid 7/10

did well for pointing the 2 whingers from U's away and got on with the game, with certain fouls with both sides wave play on advantage , which was good.8 for me. well done Ref.

Missed a few fouls that I would normally expect to be given both ways but let the game flow which made for a better game
7.5/10

Liked him, allowed a physical slide to the game, didn't play advantage a couple of times but no howlers. A steady 7.5

Early on, seemed to flit between blowing too much and letting stuff go. As the game went on, he looked more consistent.
Happy to have him again.

Tried to let the game flow at times although in the first half stopped an Imps attack to give us a free kick. Allowed a Cambridge player to advance when taking a throw but wasn't the same with us. No complaint with the cards 6.5

I would say an 8. With the exception of the Erhahon incident, which is one of those split-second decisions referees have to make, he did fine and was not fooled by the usual theatrics.