Rate the Ref: Home to Bristol Rovers 16.3.2024

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Scott Simpson was the man in the middle today
How do you think he did
Comments and votes out of 10 please

FINAL AVERAGE 5.33

Last edited:
Overall I thought he was doing really well up to the award of the penalty for Rovers. Looked a very clear well executed tackle from where I was. Other than that I cannot have any complaints over either yellow for Erhahon and liked how he let the game flow and also brought it back if no clear advantage resulted

Probably a 7 taking the penalty rick into consideration

Doing very well until he missed the bad foul on Jovan leading to his retaliation booking, then the dodgy pen and lost the respect of some of our players. Threatened to lose control at that point, but seen worse, 6.5

Doing very well until he missed the bad foul on Jovan leading to his retaliation booking, then the dodgy pen and lost the respect of some of our players. Threatened to lose control at that point, but seen worse, 6.5
Pretty much this, although the lino should be helping with Makama being dragged down. Defined began to lose it after that. The pen was crazy and you could see a red card coming at some point.
5.5, as on another day the pen is a result changer.

6/10 - bang average for me. Was letting a lot go, which most seem to do these days, but lost it a bit second half. Missed the foul against Makama and the penalty was a travesty- may have been for the tackle from behind, but (from the I-Follow coverage) I thought he timed it beautifully and cleanly got to the ball first - great defensive skill for me.

His 10th red card in 25 games.

If all his games are full of violent, disgusting football, like we saw yesterday, he must be doing a good job, to stamp it out.

Otherwise ... he must be really poor.

I think the only person in the ground who thought the penalty decision was correct, was the referee.

The Makama booking was the result of him ignoring the first foul involving Makama and the defender. Fail to referee the first incident but not the second, which wouldn't otherwise have happened. Sign of a poor ref.

His 10th red card in 25 games.

If all his games are full of violent, disgusting football, like we saw yesterday, he must be doing a good job, to stamp it out.

Otherwise ... he must be really poor.

I think the only person in the ground who thought the penalty decision was correct, was the referee.

The Makama booking was the result of him ignoring the first foul involving Makama and the defender. Fail to referee the first incident but not the second, which wouldn't otherwise have happened. Sign of a poor ref.

Save me typing the same. 3

4. Sometimes you watch a game and feel the ref hasn’t quite got total command and respect and feel he could drop an unreasonable clanger at any time. The penalty was his brain fart moment.

6 - What should have been a very easy game to ref turned into a one where it ended up being more niggly than it should have been. As the above post, I'm not sure he ever quite got to grips with the game and was annoying both sets of players at times.

The penalty decision is one of the cleanest tackles you're likely to see, the Erhahon second yellow is soft (and he took his time making the decision as well, which was that sort of situation he was waiting for to try and show some authority in the game), the Makama yellow came about because he didn't spot a clear foul and the Skubala and Roughan yellows came about because of the penalty decision.

Mostly all has been mentioned. Started pretty well with good advantages and can’t complain with Ethan’s first yellow but why is picking the ball up and walking away with it any less punishable than kicking the ball away so probably not consistent there. Thankfully the shocking penalty decision didn’t cost us. Did well until later in the game which spoilt his score for me
6/10

Good first half, hardly noticed him but the second half from the Makama yellow it was a very strange performance

I wonder whether he is any relation to Jeremy Simpson (the card-waving dervish who handed out twelve cards at Burton last month)?

5. Wasn’t the worst I have ever seen at the Bank but that penalty decision was very wrong and was not excusable or borderline.