Rate the Ref: Away to Wigan 9.12.2023 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref: Away to Wigan 9.12.2023

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Charles Breakspear was the man in the middle today.
How do you think he did
Comments and votes out of 10 please

As a counterpoint to Mr Tickle in goal for Wigan, he was Mr Fussy. Inconsistent with cards.

I didn't spot the deflection on the backpass either, although not sure all the imps behind the goal did based on a chorus of 'you don't know what you're doing'.

I haven't seen it again yet but without marking I thought we got lucky with their disallowed goal and McManaman could have maybe gone but he was generally alright.

I didn’t realise substitutes were allowed to warm up on the pitch. Also didn’t see any deflection on the back pass. I’m surprised both teams had an equal amount of yellow cards as he seamed to have different rules for each team. The player who kicked the ball away near the end must have been judged not to have delayed play as no action was taken. On the other hand Jensen made a complete hash of catching a cross and the ref spotted the foul. So 4.

Very good for the first 70 odd minutes then started to lecture players for the minor fouls that stopped the flow of the game. Disallowed goal wasn’t a mistake but I think it would have been allowed 7 times out of ten.