Rate the Ref: Away to Stevenage 18.11.2023 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref: Away to Stevenage 18.11.2023

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Scott Simpson was the man wearing a Stevan....sorry the ref shirt today

How do you think he did

Usual comments and votes out of ten if you please

4 - didn’t do too bad first half but second half he let so many fouls go it was ridiculous.

3 - anyone that gets me shouting at the screen is bad news. And this one was bad news. Not a clue, a definite homer and his assistants didn't help one iota. [Watched on iFollow.]

Not one of the best on todays performance 4 + 1 for getting the Fat Controller in his book early doors.

It was very difficult for the referee with Evans and Rayner constantly being in his face, and the Stevenage players whingeing, whining and rollling around at every opportunity. He didn’t give them the big decisions they wanted but as the game went on he weakened and gave them more and more of the run of the mill ones which helped the tide turn totally in their favour. 3/10

3 - anyone that gets me shouting at the screen is bad news. And this one was bad news. Not a clue, a definite homer and his assistants didn't help one iota. [Watched on iFollow.]

Well I didn't believe he was bias towards Stevenage until I heard the crowd singing,
Homer Simpson 😉

Watched on ifollow

I thought there were 3 occasions he could have given a penalty to the home team but didn't. All would have been soft but not howlers. I thought he did ok tbh.

6. He was average for both teams, nothing obviously wrong and didn’t influence the game. Yes we got physically bullied second half but we also got out thought, out run and out played, none of them were down to the ref.

Agree with GB&L totally , with no control of the game absolutely clueless kicked off the park, by park football, and park referee, zero from me.
We were missing Duffy( big strong lad) beside Vale for a bit of protection, wonder how many injuries we finish up with now.
Come on Boys.

I honestly felt that the game was too fast and frenetic for the officials to keep up with. There were dozens of strange decisions, but luckily no game changers.

Supposed I had better catch up with these...

Scott Simpson manages a paltry average of 3.375 for this effort

Thanks to all who contributed