Rate the Ref : Away to Portsmouth 26.01.2021 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Away to Portsmouth 26.01.2021

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Sam Purkiss was the man with all the cards tonight. How do you think he did. Comments and votes out of 10 please.

I'm going 5. Generally, OK. Didn't think it was a red. Definitely thought he would send someone off at some point though.

wasn't a red, biggest decision of the match. Fell for lots of fouls. PEople can berate the Solent team but they were being honest. This is modern football and if the ref is like today's then the players will make sure they get advantages. Refs like todays ruin the game.

Posters in the main thread going on about Solent radio team encouraging cheating? Hello!!! Hopper loses half his game without these little cheats. This will only be wiped from the game IF refs don't fall for it and until then we love ours doing it and hate theirs doing it.

Also the only ref who hasn't booked Bridcutt when he fouled as much if not more today than normal.

5/10

wasn't a red, biggest decision of the match. Fell for lots of fouls. PEople can berate the Solent team but they were being honest. This is modern football and if the ref is like today's then the players will make sure they get advantages. Refs like todays ruin the game.

Posters in the main thread going on about Solent radio team encouraging cheating? Hello!!! Hopper loses half his game without these little cheats. This will only be wiped from the game IF refs don't fall for it and until then we love ours doing it and hate theirs doing it.

Also the only ref who hasn't booked Bridcutt when he fouled as much if not more today than normal.

5/10

People forget the antics of Rheady. Amongst other things remember when he got the Solihull Moors centre back sent off at Sincil bank in the promotion winning season.

People forget the antics of Rheady. Amongst other things remember when he got the Solihull Moors centre back sent off at Sincil bank in the promotion winning season.

IF a player gets tackled then he is going to try and make out it is a foul. If it is a foul he is going to try and make out is is worthy of a yellow, etc, etc.

This doesn't apply really to today's red because Grant didn't dive but if a defender launched in to block a shot/make a tackle in the box and his body "accidentally" gets the ball as someone has suggested, in the same manner as today's tackle then the neutral commentators are going to be lauding it and it won't even be a free kick.

8 marginal red card, which I thought it was live, then not on second look and was again on third! Don’t think he got much else wrong apart from trying to pay advantage a couple of times when there wasn’t one

Average 6. I’m not sure the sending off (merited or not) did us a lot of favours. First team to score were likely to go on and win - given how both teams like to play. Best team won. So justice done.

6 from the half a match i saw, I felt like payers were winning free kicks, Didn't think red card at the time, a little swayed since I've seen it was two feet off the ground, but it did look in control, if that is possible.

Reffed the game ok, bit inconsistent with cards and Bridcutt was the benficiary.

By current rules was spot on with the red, which was foot up and reckless. Didn't look to even things up arbitrarily.

One over-long advantage ruling in Pompey's favour.

5.5 - not at all sure. First half I think he intended to stamp his authority to allow a football match to break out 🤔. Bit inconsistent as if he booked the Pompey players he should have booked Bridcutt. Not convinced with the red card - think it looked worse than it was but a better angle might have shown it clearer. Second half he eased up and was slightly better.