Rate the Ref : Away to Portsmouth 15.4.2022 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Away to Portsmouth 15.4.2022

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Trevor Kettle managed to stow his old man walker by the side of the pitch for long enough to run around a bit in the middle today.

How do you think he did.

Comments and votes out of 10 please

From an IFollow perspective, a good game of football and he did nothing to spoil it.

It was a penalty to them and a correctly awarded free kick for their second goal. Can't argue with 8 minutes added on when the majority was for their players needing treatment.

I'm going with a pretty decent 7

On iFollow. Trevor Kettle in shock competent refereeing performance!

He got most decisions right, maybe could have booked a player or two earlier and Thompson must have been on thin ice before being subbed.

The penalty was soft insofar as Cullen got himself in a complete mess, but the decision was correct. Scully's appeal later was more in hope.

It has to be 8.

Should have carded a couple of theirs early in the first half and got a Poole tackle (no foul) and corner to them completely wrong but didn't make any major errors. An OK 6

To start with I was like oh my god, this is the worst thing ever and not booking their full back for a stone wall yellow on BNC was irritating.Start to think, here we go again with Kettle. Rest of the mistakes were small fry like getting corners wrong, but I thought the pen was pretty clear and second half he was totally fine.

7 in the end.

4 - inconsistent. If i try to be fair, probably a penalty although didn’t look it in away end. No punishment on time wasting. Missed a penalty for us when Scully was tripped. Shirt pulling allowed. Some soft shoving pulled up but some more obvious decisions ignored.

The kettle was whistling again. No major issues with him. Just doesn’t look the part but put in a above average performance and got most of his decisions right 7

Typical Kettle, inconsistent, gave soft free-kicks, ignored much more obvious fouls, should have sent Thompson off for no fewer than seven fouls, four of which were premeditated shoves in the back.
But I suppose that is the standard for L1, so a 6 from me.

Should have booked a Pompey player in first few minutes. Gave corners when should have been goal kicks. A optimistic 4 .

1/10 - Kettle is historically an awful Ref, and from the moment he didn’t book Ogilvie after 3 mins, he did little to change my view.

7/10. Weak not to book a couple of players early on but rest of the game thought it was a very good performance. Big decisions were all right.

7/10. I thought he was good, by his own standard. Let a really good game of football be played without unnecessary interruption and got virtually all of the major decisions right. Maybe should have yellow-carded Thompson for his first terrible challenge.

5. Must have guessed at a few decisions as he wasn’t up to play and should have been an early booking when Bish was taken out by 3 poor tackles in one move in the first 5 mins. Simmered along and didn’t allow passions to boil over but looked knackered at the end with steam coming out of his ears.

Trevor Kettle is always a poor ref.

Started off by not yellow carding a cynical challenge after about 3 minutes.

He always referees the reaction (ie. a player falling over) not the action (ie the falling over player, not being fouled, just falling over)

But no worse than usual - 4.