Rate the Ref: Away to Oxford 16.04.2024

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Lee Swaby was the man with an over-used whistle and card tonight
How do you think he did and remember there might be children viewing
Comments and votes out of 10 please

FINAL AVERAGE 1.64

Last edited:
If I give it time to calm down, I don't think it affect my rating.

He was awful. 1 for getting the pen right, though if he was being consistent their player should have had a straight red - I saw TJ get one in similar circumstances a couple of seasons ago.

Otherwise, just, just - beggars belief.

PS - in mitigation, he didn't add the 10 minutes I'd expected nor the 3 added added....

Still a 1 though

Other than the pen, he didn't give us much that he didn't have to. Virtually every 50/50 call went their way. We got some bookings for a couple of pretty innocuous things, whilst he seemed reluctant to even pull them up for similar.
Pretty poor, I'll go 2 because I don't believe in miracles.

The yellow card count was ridiculous , unless you were wearing a yellow shirt No card following the Penalty? What? .Very poor I must say ,2 for me .

Last edited:

The game didn't warrant that many yellows.

I can understand why he gave the second yellow against Duffy, but the decision was wrong.

Taylor getting a yellow for pushing over a player in the middle of the pitch - what was that?

There were a number of soft free-kicks where players felt a touch and threw themselves on the floor (not blaming the Ref for all of them, but he should have called some).

All in all, it is only the penalty and that he didn't book anyone for time-wasting, that makes me think he was just rubbish, rather than biased.

A resounding 1/10. Just another of the half dozen refs we’ve seen who shouldn’t even be on the list. He obviously thinks the yellow and red cards are there as greeting cards to be sent to everyone as a reminder that he exists. 😡🤬

Not biased just incompetent. He could have affected the outcome of the game, by resorting to handing out cards for every misdemeanour, but fortunately he didn’t as the best team won.

Last night he would have got a 1 but on reflection the most important decision of the game was the penalty. Next was not to give Paudie a second yellow. Otherwise he was useless. There are homers then there is Lee Swaby, out in a league of his own, treating yellow cards like confetti.

1 - after a night's reflection! 12 yellows is just ridiculous - no card for the penalty?

Incompetent or corrupt? And the lino on our side was so far behind play for most of the time, he'd only get 1 if we gave marks to them

His one sided show could have cost us but thankfully he got one thing right, so it didn't

Hopefully we never see him again

1. I thought we’d reached the depths of inept referees and assts on Saturday- last night it was worse. This guy had no clue what should constitute a yellow card. Some of ours were laughable, yet he should if booked TJ for a shirt pull but didn’t. I thought for a long time he wasn’t going to book any of there’s. The pen - their defender has made a desperate lunge on Ben as he’s about to strike on goal, that is not a genuine attempt for the ball - not even a yellow given - WTAF. Complete clown, out of his depth

Last edited:
It’s all about consistency for me and he wasn’t consistent. Even with my rose tinted specs he treated our misdemeanours more harshly than theirs, whether that be free kicks or yellows. Didn’t cost us points but may have done, and no doubt cost us a fine
3/10