Rate the Ref : Away to Bristol Rovers 17.04.2021 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Away to Bristol Rovers 17.04.2021

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Will Finnie was the man in char.......sorry some bloke in yellow today

How do you think he did. Votes out of 10 and comments please

3 - didn’t have control of the game and players were in danger of others getting carried away. Some points for being equally out of control of both teams (we just didn’t play like them).

Give him a 5. Felt he dealt with the first half quite well but lost it a bit second half. In fairness, this was probably the most challenging game of the season for a referee and others would have struggled more than he did.

Last edited:
It wasn't an easy game to referee and in the circumstances he did just about ok so I'll give him a 6.

I'll give him a 4. I think Rovers made it a very difficult game for him, but he didn't put his control on their tactics early enough. Still don't see how Johnson got a yellow (Edun's I do understand as he did grapple their player). Didn't shirk the red to their player to be fair, plus identified an outstanding tackle by one of their defenders in the box, which was very similar to a penalty we were awarded at MK Dons back in September.

Just never quite had the required control over the match

6, I don't think he will want another game like that in a hurry. He tried to get a grip, sadly Joey and the gang were intent on making it horrible.

4. Let a couple of ones go before the red, then completely lost control and the plot. Thought there might be an even upper coming but their skipper was the closest (other than Tayo). Bottled the challenge at the end - endearing players safety, out of control, disproportionate force - take your pick....

4/10. Really difficult game to ref - a fight interspersed with a football match, didn’t have total control over Rovers assaults on our players, but if he had stopped the game for every offence there would have been about 20 mins Additional time.

a generous 4 for sending off Upson. He didn't take the game by the scruff early on and Bristol consequently took the p*ss and got away with it. Grrrrr.

Got the red right, struggled to cope with Rovers' physical approach, but nothing game changing despite what the divine Mr B might say.