Rate The Players v Wycombe Wanderers | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Wycombe Wanderers

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
6.0 is the par score, use half-marks and give us your comments too.

Deadline is Wednesday at 5pm.

Vickers
Eardley
Bostwick
Shackell
Toffolo
O'Connor
Connolly
Grant
Andrade
Payne
Walker

Akinde
Anderson

Vickers 3
Eardley 5
Bostwick 4
Shackell 5
Toffolo 5
O'Connor 4
Connolly 4
Grant 5
Andrade 5
Payne 4
Walker 6

Akinde 6.5 MotM :clap:
Anderson 5

Vickers 2 - I think that is the worst game I have seen him have.
Eardley 5 - did his best but going forward missed Anderson
Bostwick 4 - I'm not sure Bossie and Shacks are at the same level as last year
Shackell 6 - best defender, but that is not really any accolade today.
Toffolo 5 - a couple of good forages forward but that was it.
O'Connor 4 - never in the game despite seeing a lot of the ball first half
Connolly 3 - a poor replacement on the day for Morrell
Grant 4 - jury is still out for me. Doesn't work hard enough to influence things
Andrade 5 - tried his best going forward, but not the player we saw last season
Payne 4 - looked exhausted after 15 minutes today
Walker 6 - battled alone with occasional flashes of skill

Akinde 6 - coming on at least stopped us from passing across our back four. Hustled and bustled.
Anderson 4 - could not get in the game at all, and missed a good chance to pull a goal back

Overall this season, our change of style has worked in some games but not in others. As long as we stay in touch by Xmas, Danny will change some players in January and hopefully make us stronger for a play-off place challenge come May.

Vickers 2
Eardley 5
Bostwick 5
Shackell 6
Toffolo 4
O'Connor 4
Connolly 5
Grant 5.5
Andrade 4
Payne 4
Walker 4

Akinde 7.5 - only bright spark
Anderson 5.5

Vickers 3 - Poor, lacking confidence, claimed little, Allsop taught him a lesson.
Eardley 5 - Great when he has time, they didn't give him time.
Bostwick 4.5 - Didn't look match fit, mistakes all over the place.
Shackell 5.5 - Not authoritative today, missed headers, good passes..... to Bostwick
Toffolo 5 - Ventured forward far less than usual, was worried by his winger.
O'Connor 4 - So rarely drove forward, or passed forward.
Connolly 4 - Played like a fifth defender, reluctant to take players on, needs far more fight.
Grant 5 - A few bits of decent close control but no telling passes or crosses
Andrade 5.5 - Better when nearer Toffolo, a reasonable game.
Payne 4.5 - He had run out of battery, no direction, lost without Morrell
Walker 6 - Defined glorious isolation. Generally if he ran into space they passed to where he had been, or to his marker. At times he must have wondered what he was doing there.

Akinde 6.5 - MOM, certainly made a difference and gave them something to think about, scored an unusual goal; but you are allowed to shoot in the box, John.
Anderson 5 - Hardly got involved, nothing too bad.

A game to forget: Out-thought, Outfought, Outplayed.

Hope their player with the head injury is ok.

Vickers 4.5
Eardley 6
Bostwick 6
Shackell 6
Toffolo 5
O'Connor 4
Connolly 4
Grant 4
Andrade 6
Payne 5.5
Walker 5.5

Akinde 7
Anderson 5.5

I think some of the marks are a tad harsh, but all opinions are valid

Vickers 5 Goal 1 he didn't form the wall properly. Goal 3 is a bad goalkeeping error. Did make a few decent saves in the second half to keep the score respectable
Eardley 5.5 Seemed off the pace and was beaten on his side by their left winger on a few occasions. Did I see he had a fitness test pre-match. Might have had a bearing
Bostwick 5 Way below his usual imperious self. Seems to struggle against quick speedy attackers and we will see more of them this season
Shackell 6.5 Plenty of effort and clearances. Probably our best defender on the day
Toffolo 6 Couldn't get forward as he likes. No major defensive issues

O Connor 5.5 Think he injured himself slipping on the turf early on which affected his performance. Not his usual influential self
Connolly 6 Game largely passed him by but I like the look of how he makes himself available for a pass

Andrade 6 Nothing really came off for him today
Payne 6 No influence on the game but kept trying to do things at least#
Grant 5.5 I still think left midfield is not his natural position as he looked slightly better centrally

Walker 6 Worked the line well and kept going. Unlucky in hitting the post just before half time

Akinde 7 Our best part of the game was when he was introduced. Energy increased and their defence was stretched. MOM for me
Anderson 6 Tried hard but ineffectual. Probably should have scored just into injury time but credit Allsop with a good save

Vickers - 5.5. Loses a complete point for the third goal. Didn't seem at the time as if he could have done much about the other two.
Eardley - 6.5. Did OK. A couple of good crosses second half.
Bostwick - 6.0. Had control of Wycombe's strikerin the first half. Found it a struggle against Akinfenwa.
Shackell - 6.5. Did well first half. Played Akinfenwa better than Bostwick did.
Toffolo - 6.0. Seen him play better.
O'Connor - 6.0. One of our better players first half.
Connolly - 5.5. Hardly in the game first half. We missed Morrell.
Grant - 7.0. Our man of the match for me. Looked good in both positions he played. Another assist for the goal.
Andrade - 6.5. Hardly in the game first half. Looked better in the second.
Payne - 5.5. Disappointing. Could hardly get in the game.
Walker - 5.5. Nearest to scoring in the first half but seemed to fade out of the game in the second.

Akinde - 6.5. Gave the Wycombe defence something to think about when he came on. Scored and created openings for others.
Anderson - 5.5. Another who couldn't get into the game.

As with the referee ratings sometimes, I wonder if anyone will give Vickers 1/10 'just for turning up'?

Vickers - 5 - made some decent stops from open play. From set pieces, the less said the better.

Eardley - 5 - poor today as couldn’t get forward for crosses. Their left winger posed too much of a threat for him to leave our half.
Bostwick - 7 - put his body on the line and coped with the battle
Shackell - 6 - organisation at corners should be his thing. Looked very uncomfortable with Samuel. Time for Bolger again (who’s looking much thinner this season.)
Toffolo - 7 - defensively fine, most of their stuff came long ball down the right. When he was getting forward our best chances were created as he dragged their defence about. Best LB in the league.

O’Connor - 5.5 - did he manage a forwards pass? This was down to their game plan which was do what you want in 2/3 of the pitch, you’re not coming into our 1/3.
Connolly - 5 - very disappointing. Didn’t need 2 CM’s today and he didn’t really add anything to our performance.

Grant - 5.5 - pretty anonymous as any time we got forward they had 4 players around ours. Needed his creativity to unlock them.
Payne - 6.5 - creativity was nullified but he worked hard in trying to get the ball back.
Andrade - 7 - motm for me. Dropped back to help Eardley defend. Looked most likely to create something. Reckon we’ll be singing his praises a few times this season.

Walker - 6 - anonymous because we couldn’t get the ball any further than CM. Should have had a penalty and a perhaps the goal called for offside (would need to see it again) though with better refereeing.

Akinde - 7 - when he came on we all got neck ache as both teams played hoof ball to the big man. Did a very good job and took the finish well (although shouldn’t have been played). Needs goals to big up his confidence from shooting so he takes the chance more often. Didn’t hear any criticism which is good to hear.
Anderson - 6.5 - worked hard but created very little.
Chapman - 6.5 - showed some decent team play in his left wing cameo.

A very average performance by us with 3 big mistakes against a team who played their 1 plan perfectly. Now to rate this ref...