Rate The Players v Sunderland | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Sunderland

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
One hundred up! That is a good season by itself, but can it get better? Half way there...

6.0 is the par score, use half-marks and give us your comments too.

Deadline is 5pm on Friday.

Bursik
Poole
Eyoma
Edun
Bridcutt
Grant
Johnson
Rogers
Scully
Hopper

Montsma

Bursik 9 to slot in like that and make a couple of important saves is next level really
Poole 8 excellent performance, mcgeady only did anything when he floated away from him on to the right or central
Eyoma 8 really think he's found his feet at cb, mature performance
Edun 7 thought he got caught out a few times but stuck at it all game
Bridcutt 9 what a captain. Sheer effort made the first
Grant 7.5 I thought he found it hard to get on the ball but stepped up in big moments
Johnson 8.5 you can't keep him quiet, on the ball less and still scores and hits the post! Great player
Rogers 7 I don't think be executed so well in an attacking sense but he worked hard and defended well
Scully 8 first half he ran their full back over and over again. Love him!
Hopper 8.5 well the criticism is normally the goals, and today he scored the ultimate strikers goal

Montsma 8 being thrown in like that - fantastic. There was a cross from the right where he did ridiculously well to get a block in on the forward

Bursik 9 Absolute stunning performance, my MoM. Strikers score goals, Midfielders create, this geezer kept us in the game on more than one occaision.
Poole 8 More than a decent performance, probably his best game thus far for me.
Eyoma 8 Would love him to stay, goes about his buisness in a calm assured manner.
Edun 8 Tayo will go for big money, as that was a big performance close 2nd for MoM.
Bridcutt 8 As they said the glue that holds this Imps team together.
Grant 8 Did really well, but will do better on Saturday.
Johnson 8.5 Scored a goal - Excellent
Rogers 7 Decent but decision making for the final pass was a bit wayward for me.
Scully 8 More than decent first half but faded a little in the 2nd.
Hopper 8.5 Unsung hero for me, his defending helps City and exhibited tonight.

Montsma 8 Surprised he was on the bench but a masterful performance coming off it.

Bursik 9
Poole 6
Eyoma 8.5
Edun 5
Bridcutt 8
Grant 5.5
Johnson 8
Rogers 7
Scully 6.5
Hopper 9

Montsma 8

Bursik 10 MotM :clap:
Poole 8
Eyoma 9
Edun 8
Bridcutt 8
Grant 7
Johnson 7.5
Rogers 7
Scully 7
Hopper 9

Montsma 9

* the first time I've ever given a 10 btw.

Not the best performance of the season, but an important collective team effort displaying maturity and commitment leave the Imps in a strong position against a side who's primary tactics are to bully the oppostition and con the officials.
Bursik 9 - has there been a more impressive debut for the Imps by a goalkeeper? Assured, capable, and when needed 2 fantastic saves.
Poole 8 - not perfect but defended well, good going forward, part of a strong defensive display
Eyoma 8.5 - repaid in full MA's decision to start him, particularly after Jackson had to go off.
Edun 7.5 - always hard working, not a rampaging as he can be, occasionally caught out defensively.
Bridcutt 9 - BBC described him as like "one of Fagin's pick-pockets" and the way he constantly cleaned up in front of the back 4 crucial in securing the win. Strong regaining of possession set up the first goal. Sky, and my, MoM.
Grant 7 - not his most effective game, unable to create much in a midfield war, but his battling helped win it and central to the first goal. He's a very different, and much better player, to the one DC signed.
Johnson 8.5 - key threat, hit post first half, rewarded for his gamble for the second, rose to the occasion and clearly enjoyed it.
Rogers 7 - skills and hard work well in evidence, final decision making below his usual level. Rescued a couple of occasions when Tayo caught upfield.
Scully 8.5 - star of the first half, faded in the second but work rate throughout superb.
Hopper 9 - usual Hopper package, constant effort up front and well timed run for his simple tap-in, and his usual defensive shift. Comprehensively out-pundited Wyke in the 'battle of the 9s' !

Montsma 8.5 - coming in cold as an early substitute, proved again he's not phased by physical challenges, made Wyke look like a pub player.

Bursik 9.5
Poole 8.5
Eyoma 8.5
Edun 7.5
Bridcutt 9
Grant 7.5
Johnson 8
Rogers 7.5
Scully 8
Hopper 8

Montsma 8

Bursik 10 Best debut I have ever seen from a City keeper

Poole 9 Best game for City by a long way
Eyoma 8.5 Superb. Fully justified his selection
Edun 7.5 Decent game. Defended well

Bridcutt 9 Probably the nost assured player on the field
Grant 7.5 Not at his best, but his couple of mis-hit shots for the first goal were more than important.
Johnson 8 Again not at his best, but cannot under estimate the importance of that goal

Rogers 8 Looked dangerous every time he got the ball in their half.
Scully 8 100% effort as usual. Faded a little second half
Hopper 9 Absolutely excellent. Worked so hard, and a goal.

Montsma 9.5 Apart from a dream debut by Bursik, my man of the match. Coming in cold and dominating Wyke was amazing.

Bursik 9
Poole 8
(Jackson 6)
Eyoma 8.5
Edun/Aden 8
Bridcutt 9.5
Rogers 7
Grant 7.5
Scully 8
Johnson 8
Hopper 8.5

Monstma 8