Rate The Players v Manchester City U21 | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Manchester City U21

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Well, that was £10 and two hours of my life that I will never get back. A disappointing game, affected as ever by the twittering whistle and fluttering yellow cards of the truly hopeless Carl Boyeson3 (see the referee thread for details). Manchester City were relatively impressive for a side that fielded twelve teenagers, but there was no cutting edge up front. This should have been a win, but on we go. At least the skipper is back and looking lively, and Harry is the 68th player to hit 30 goals for the club.

6.0 is the par score, use half-marks and give us your comments too.

Deadline is 5pm on Thursday.

Ross
Anderson
Eyoma
Roughan
Melbourne
Bridcutt
Gotts
Edun
Archibald
Howarth
Hopper

McGrandles
Grant
---------------------

Ross 5.5
Anderson 7.5
Eyoma 6
Roughan 6
Melbourne 5.5
Bridcutt 6
Gotts 6.5
Edun 5.5
Archibald 7
Howarth 5.5
Hopper 5.5

McGrandles 6.5
Grant 7

Ross 6 Looked a bit rusty (can't think why) one bad mistake, one brave save, one penalty save.
Anderson 8 He is a revelation this year
Melbourne 7 Strong performance
Roughan 6 His was the mistake which lead to the goal. It just wanted heading 20 yards forward, rather than sideways, all part of the learning process
Eyoma 6.5 Reliable
Edun 6.5 Always has a rash challenge and a loose pass in him as well as some quality.
Gotts 6.5 You can see he's got some quality but might need a few session/seasons on the weights to have the physique to make the best of that quality
Bridcutt 7.0 Good hour - right place right time
Archibald 7.0 Good hand in the goal - Just needs a good run in the team to really get going
Howarth - 6.0 Twang
Hopper 6.5 Still not quite falling for him but always involved

McGrandles 6.5 We got better as our better players appeared
Grant 7.0 Stroll for him

Ross 4.5 The joy of being a keeper is that your whole match comes down to one incident and that was a shocking moment for their equaliser.

Anderson 7.5 My MOM. Energy personified and scored a cracking goal
Eyoma 6 Pretty solid throughout
Roughan 6 Similar to Eyoma. A few stray passes
Melbourne 5.5 Had problems keeping with with their young whippet on the wing and looked off the pace

Bridcutt 7 Really good hour to get back into the swing of it
Gotts 6.5 Better in the second half but often strayed from the right back role he was supposed to be in
Edun 5.5 Barely got into a game he really needed to make a mark in

Archibald 6.5 Poor first half but much better after the break when he was trying early crosses and his persistence made our goal
Howarth 6 Would be unfair to score below par due to the early injury but hardly had a touch
Hopper 6 Usual running and one piece of play just before half time made something out of nothing

McGrandles 6.5 Lots of energy and running. Almost got his first goal for the club
Grant 6.5 Settled back into what should be his permanent role in the centre and made some good passes

Ross 4.5
Anderson 7.5
Eyoma 6
Roughan 6
Melbourne 5
Bridcutt 7
Gotts 6.5
Edun 5.5
Archibald 6
Howarth 6
Hopper 6

McGrandles 6
Grant 7

Ross: 4.5 Really had only three things to do, yet made a balls of two of them (the catch on the edge of the box in the first half, and the complete pig's ear for the goal); half a mark off for the first error, and a whole mark for the second. Is this what happens when you don't play many games?
Anderson: 7.5 Becoming the player we all knew he could be. Growing in line with Lincoln's rise - I would love to see him play for us in the Championship.
Eyoma: 6.5 Solid game, but I would much rather see him at full-back. Centre-half restricts his runs forward.
Roughan: 6 Poor at the back in the first half, two stray passes in the first ten minutes. Good going forward again, which salvages a par score for him. As per Eyoma, I much prefer him at left-back.
Melbourne: 5.5 Exposed at the back again, the talented Braaf gave him and Roughan the runaround at times. I am not sure about Max and Sean as a pair, a good winger will rip them to shreds.
Bridcutt: 7.5 What a class player, the way he reads the game, the way he collects the ball, the vision and passes...so pleased to see him back.
Gotts: 7 Thought he had a really good game in midfield, is definitely a prospect. Not a defender.
Edun: 6 Is always involved and looking for the ball, which I like. However, too many stray passes and unwarranted fouls again. Needs to learn.
Archibald: 6 Nothing really came off for him tonight, but he is trying very hard. Hopefully his effort will be rewarded soon.
Howarth: 6 Very unfortunate for the lad, tonight was a great opportunity to see what he can do.
Hopper: 6 Made very little impact despite his work rate, which is a concern against teenage players. Needs Johnson or Scully to bring him into the game more.

McGrandles: 6 I like Conor, but I keep waiting for him to have a great game, which he is capable of doing. Soon, hopefully.
Grant: 7 Our second class player, another revelation under MA.

Incidentally, Remy Howarth's scores will not be included in the overall figures because he was only on the pitch for 19 minutes. Feel free to rate him, though.

Ross 5
Anderson 7
Eyoma 6
Roughan 6
Melbourne 5.5
Bridcutt 6.5
Gotts 6
Edun 6
Archibald 6.5
Howarth 6
Hopper 6

McGrandles 6
Grant 6

Ross 6 (redeemed himself with the pen save)
Anderson 8 MotM :clap:
Eyoma 7.5
Roughan 7.5
Melbourne 7
Bridcutt 6.5
Gotts 7.5
Edun 6.5
Archibald 6
Howarth 6
Hopper 6

McGrandles 6
Grant 6

Ross 5.0
Anderson 7.0
Eyoma 6.0
Roughan 6.5
Melbourne 6.0
Bridcutt 7.0
Gotts 6.0
Edun 6.0
Archibald 6.5
Howarth 6.0
Hopper 6.0

McGrandles 6.0
Grant 6.0

A fairly good team display from the team selection, we must remember we could have lost the game had Ross not made the diving save to feet he did, and as a result of the goal City scored I think young Roughan called for the ball which was left, but he did not get good clearance, needs talking to, as in my opinion he was getting just a little bit too overconfident for his own good as the game progressed calling team mates to leave balls for him, but just getting to them when it came to clearing balls, as somebody mentioned play him at full back for longer. Again IMO not enough experience for such a responsible roll.

come on boys