Rate The Players v Doncaster Rovers | Vital Football

Rate The Players v Doncaster Rovers

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Charley Kendall scores goals and Mark Kennedy continues to impress; three make their debuts but the Imps still coast past their League Two hosts. There are transfers in the pipeline and good old Village Green up next. Exeter have scored 11 goals in the two games since they played the Imps, and Portsmouth won 3-0 at Cardiff this evening. Just how good a start has this been, I wonder, once some context is considered? Who were the stars of the latest instalment of 2022-23?

6.0 is the par score, use half-marks and give us your comments too - that is the really interesting bit for many of us.

Also, make a note of how you watched the game - either live, or the full match on iFollow - I would be interested to see whether there is any difference in perspective between the two.

Deadline is 5pm on Thursday.

Rushworth
Eyoma
Jackson
O'Connor
Roughan
Sanders
Oakley-Boothe
Bishop
Maguire
Kendall
Scully

Poole
Sorensen
House

I watched a replay on ifollow..

Rushworth 7
Eyoma 7
Jackson 7
O'Connor 7
Roughan 7.5
Sanders 8
Oakley-Boothe 6.5
Bishop 8.5
Maguire 7
Kendall 7
Scully 7

Poole 7
Sorensen 6
House 6

Watched live

Rushworth. 7. Totally modern keeper. Excellent ball control and played like a deep quarter back starting many of our attacks. I bet he had more touches than anyone from either team and his distribution was often ambitious and top drawer. Made pretty routine saves look routinely pretty. Commands his box and ultra confident. We have potentially a top top keeper this season, he will go far and reminds me of Ramsdale from Arsenal.

TJ. 6. Ok but not totally convincing, looked clumsy at times on the ball.

Jackson. 6. Typically solid and decent with the ball passing out.

O’ Connor. 6. As Jacko.

Rougham. 6. More physical then Robson and played a few decisive forward passes linking with Bishop and Scully

Average marks for the defence as they were marking a powder puff attack

Sanders. 7. Very good, busy and involved in a lot of quick one touch moves thru the midfield.

Oakley - Boothe. 6. Neat but not as involved as sanders and Bishop. Good opening resulted in a Sunday league hash of a shot late on.

Bishop 8. Class , MoM

Maguire 6.5. Good team player, held his position and gave us good balance down the right.

Kendall 7.5. Hassled defenders all night, pressing from the front and has a turn of pace over 10 yards. Made several runs off the shoulder of defenders all night without the pass to run onto. Classic 6 yard finish finishing off a great team goal. He has got a future as an Imp. I liked what I saw.

Scully 6.5. Varied his play a bit more and linked up well with Bishop.

Sorrenson. 7. Oozing confidence from the second he came on. Not the same nervous lightweight that appeared last season

Poole 6

House 6

Rushworth 6.5
Eyoma 6.0
Roughan6.0
O'Connor 7.0
Jackson 6.5
Sanders 6.0
Oakley-Boothe 6.0
Bishop 7.5
Maguire 6.5
Scully 6.5
Kendall 7.0

Kendall looks mobile and pacey against L2 opposition.

Roughan has a good left foot. Some naive play at times. Not as good a defender as Robson yet.

Oakley-Boothe is gradually finding his feet.

Maguire playing a fair bit for someone not in head coaches plans? Very similar to last season - ie decent contribution - (the general view of him seems to have changed significantly, although they are watching the same thing - which is weird).

Last edited:
Watched replay on iFollow..

Rushworth 7
Eyoma 7
Jackson 7.5
O'Connor 7
Roughan 7
Sanders 7
Oakley-Boothe 6
Bishop 8
Maguire 7
Kendall 7
Scully 6.5

Poole 7.5
Sorensen 6
House 6

Full match on iFollow

Rushworth 6 - calm and collected
Eyoma 6 - just sneaked a par, recovery still an issue and must look to expand his forward game
Jackson 6
O'Connor 6
Roughan 6.5 - one or two errors in possession but flashes of potential stepping forwards
Sanders 6.5 - Reliable no fuss performance
Oakley-Boothe 6 - Had 3 games to settle in now, need to see him start influencing the game
Bishop 8 - Provided the extra class to turn a good team performance into a comfortable victory
Maguire 6.5 - solid, disciplined, experienced performance
Kendall 7.5 - Live wire, exciting to see how he develops
Scully 6 - A bit rusty, needs to sharpen up his touch and delivery which were a bit loose at times but you always know he is on the pitch and as seen likely to influence a game even when he's not in top form

Poole 6 - raking balls are becoming a feature
Sorensen 6 - looks more assured all round now
House 6 - Just good to see him back playing after injury/illness issues. Still looks a unit and I have a sneaky feeling he will play some significant cameos this year. Can he break into the starting 11 - let's see